0

Gerry J
1

Can I replace the Magic Trackpad glass now that it's cracked?

Model A1339, purchased 2011, glass cracked on the top. Is there anyway to change out the glass without having to just live with it being cracked?

Edited by: Gerry J ( )

2

mayer

Apple’s magical trackpad, consists of nine parts none of which are user replaceable. Here's the iFixit teardown: Magic Trackpad Teardown

Here's a second opinion: http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/apple...

Edited by: mayer ( )

0

David Kimmerly
1

I just cracked mine too, dropped it accidentally (couch surfing) but I'm gonna opt for a sticker/skin to cover it up. Out of sight out of mind.

0

Suzanne Tourtillott
1

Cracked Trackpad Glass: Proceed with Caution!

The trackpad glass cracked when I dropped my iPhone on it. (The point of impact was at the very edge, about 1/3 way down the glass.) That was 18 months ago. Only very recently have problems cropped up. (I've done diagnostics with Apple and it's not traceable to any other issue.)

You'll be typing an email or working in a Word doc or just browsing the Internet when the trackpad will start taking action on its own. It will interpret the slightest touch in the center as a click, or even a click-and-move, or a click/delete. As you hover the mouse over a clickable item, the trackpad will click it and off you'll go to an unwanted website.