1

Michael
35

No text/SMS sound, only vibrate?

My iPhone 3Gs will play all tones EXCEPT the SMS/text tone...doesn't matter which I choose, all I get is the vibrate. I've restored my phone (not as a new iPhone), done a number of hard resets and power downs.

Any answwer?

2

Majesty

Is your phone jailbroken? If it is you can SSH into it and remove any metadata files which may be corrupted, it's the only thing that I can think of that will cause a quirky issue like this.

+ good advice

ABCellars,

Which corrupted files are you referring to? Yes, the phone is jailbroken, and also unlocked...

Michael,

Give me a couple of minutes Michael....I'll SSH into mine and see the exact location. I'm Pretty sure it's under var/library/media/DCM apple but I'm not sure.

Majesty,

What Firmware are u running?

Majesty,

I have not been able to locate any .sqlite or metadata.plist files for the SMS App....Kind of odd being that many native Apple Apps have these files. I had a problem with the Photos App which I resolved by removing these files and re-launching the App. Which firmware are u on? I can remember a couple of years ago there was a problem in the firmware whuch caused this problem. I know how painful a restore as new is, so try this....re-download the firmware you are using but from a different source and restore your phone. If not...I think a restore as new is in order. U can always save all your other apps data on your mac or pc via SSH. Just dont save any SMS related data. U can always back up your phone and remove the sms.db file and see if that helps. That file is in var/user/library/sms. Also...try this easy one first: while in the SMS App hit and hold the home button for 5-7 seconds and force it to close or use SBSettings/Processes and close it there and re-open.

Majesty,