0

Lynne Scott
1

Wash load still wet-washer not draining and spinning properly.

Door was unlocked but load still dripping wet. Tried the drain/spin button and got the Sud error code. Could not get it to clear until unplugged machine and plugged back in. Tried drain/spin again and it puts a little water in the window then sits there and makes a noise when the spin light comes on, but no spin.

Edited by: iRobot ( ) , osvaldo and oldturkey03 ( )

What's the code number?

mayer,

4

mayer

SUD

The SUD error code indicates that your Kenmore HE3T washer is running a suds-reduction routine. This routine occurs automatically when the washer detects excessive solids inside the basin. The suds-reduction routine gets rid of the extra suds and rinses the load to ensure that none are lingering on your clothing. The code remains in the display until the clothes rinsed so you are aware that it is running. To avoid excessive suds in the future, use only high-efficiency (HE) detergents in your washer.

F02

The F02 error code appears if your Kenmore HE3T washer is experiencing a drainage problem. Unplug your washer to disconnect power and examine the drain hose to see if it is kinked, clogged or frozen. In addition, the hose must not exceed 96 inches higher than the floor in order to drain properly, so adjust the hose if necessary. After you resolve the problem, plug the washer in and select your chosen cycle again. Press the Start button to activate the cycle.

Edited by: mayer ( )

At first it was just off and clothes still wet as if the load had drained but not spun. Tried drain/spin cycle which sets for 11 minutes. It made a lot of noises and then started blinking the time remaining at 10 minutes. Then code "Sud" came up after I started the drain/spin cycle for the second or third attempt, but there were no suds in the machine. Removed half of the load and tried drain/spin again; also tried different full wash cycles, but the only thing that happens is water runs in for a few seconds and the machine makes noises but does not move. After several attempts, code F02 came up and the door remained locked. None of the troubleshooting tips in the manual have worked so I quit trying, but I'm not sure how to check for a plugged drain hose. It is not kinked or too high. Thanks.

Lynne Scott,

Here's instructions on how to clean the drain hose: http://www.ehow.com/how_5021612_clean-cl...

mayer,

@mayer On the second part of your answer to this question. You mentioned that the drain hose must be at least 96 inches above the floor?!? Im pretty sure this is a typo. 8 feet off the floor is a bit extreme. is 4 feet a good height(48 in)?

Chris,

that was "must not exceed 96", thanks for spotting that. Correction has been made

mayer,

I tried to run my HE3 washer after I cleaned the filter, but it still would not drain or spin. The water pump was not working I found out. I removed the three screws that keep the pump sealed to the filter, they are connected. There was a baby sock between the filter and the pump as well as the two socks and pen that I found in the filter. I twisted the wheel on the pump to see if it would spin and it did. I put the pump back on and the filter as well, and then my washer ran the drain/spin cycle. This website has been extremely helpful and I hope my experience will help someone else. Thank you Donovan January 15th, 2012

donovan,

2

Peter
25

When I was getting "sud" repeatedly on my HE3, I cleaned the drain pump filter and it was the abvious problem when I found what was in there. Takes about 10-minutes.

1. Take off the lower front pannel (3-allen socket screws across the very bottom)

2. Turn the large round pump filter cover disk counter-clockwise by hand and remove. Be prepared to catch any water draining out.

3. With a set of needle-nose pliers, pull *straight-out* the disc behind the cover. This is a corse filter that traps large articles (like very small socks) before the drain pump. Don't ask me how they got there, but there was three of them. Clean, re-align and insert filter.

4. Replace the filter cover and lower panel.

Worked like a charm!!! There were baby socks, nasty dust, coins and hair ties. It's spinning like a top now! THANK YOU!!!

Arienne,

0

knowski
1

We took off the panel under the door. a few screws in the center. Round plastic filter with twist bar opening. Unscrewed the white filter from the bottom, one screw, so that the filter could be pulled slightly foward so when the filter was opened, the water could be drained into a bucket. Our washer sits on top of the storage drawer and not directly on the floor, so the bucket worked to catch the water. We filled four icecream buckets. Between each bucket, we would tighted the filter lid back on, so the water would stop coming out. When all the water was drained, we pulled the filter out. several coins, two small socks, several bobby pins and many more small items, were in the filter. Several of the small holes in the filter were plugged with airsoft pellets. After cleaning the filter, our machine is now working! Good Luck!!!

0

Patricia
1

Can't believe how easy of a fix this was! I am so excited to have it fixed and running smoothly! Thanks for your comments and help.

0

Pat
1

Had loud clicking noise around the time the washer would drain. Built up over last two months. Today, 27 Jun,2013, googled and found this site. Same as above. Found bra parts, and ink pen parts in the filter. The electric pump itself is quite simple. Three screws hold it on and it has an oring seal for water tightness. Examined the pump blade for damage. Its a simple, four paddle blade that can be examined when the filter is off. Really no need to take the pump off to see it. Did it just to get a closer look but not necessary. After reassembly, the clicking noise went away. I believe, just guessing, that the pump has a clutch that clicks when it slips. At least it would click when I turned it with a load. If the filter is clogged and cannot pump water, the pump has a higher work load, hence the clutch starts clicking. Remove the high work load, i.e. clear passage, and the clutch is back to normal operation. Thank you to whoever started this thread. It was such an easy fix, and I'm sure saved a $300 repairman visit that would have probably replaced the pump. The pump MOTOR looks quite beefy when examined. The propeller blade however is just white plastic. Should last if its not hitting debris, though. If it does, the clutch will save it, and let you know by clicking.

0

Peggy Smith
1

I am going home tonight and trying this, sounds like my same scenario, I hope it works, was dreading calling repairman and hear a speall about putting an expesnive motor or pump or whatever, when this may very well solve it. I will report back and thank-you to the kind people who take the time to give quick solve repair ideas for us homeowners to try.

Best Regards

Peg

ok it was the pump the propeller would spin but there was a lot of play in it, bought the parts which is a pump motor assemply only from local parts house here in Vegas, around $100. we only used the motor and the rest was just plastic with the clean out and ours was in great shape. we are back in the laundry business at our house. This is really a simple machine as far as parts go, not all that many. . of course I wasn't dealing with any circuit board electronic stuff either. Ours we bought new in 2003 from Sears and it has run like a champ andI expect it to continue the dame with the new pump motor installed. I think they could seel the motor seperate and give us a break on parts cost, probably 99% of us do not need the whole assembly when replacing the pump motor only.

But I'm happy so thank-You everyone on this site that helps solve problems.

Peggy

Edited by: Peggy Smith ( )

0

Peggy Smith
1

Ok guys no go. . . I did all the above there was only one dime in there no dirt or lint it looked very clean. Put it back together ran it with nothing in it on rinse and drain only cycle, it did fine, but there is a clicking noise sound like its in the pump like maybe a coin or something tossing around, I blew out the pump lines with compressed air nothing came out anywhere on the lines. So I put some of my wet towels like maybe 4 in --set it to normal wash ,I did NOT put any soap in it. It filled up fine and washed then it went to the SUDS message and it looked like there were suds in there. then it finally went back and displayed the remaining time and went into rinse cycle and it still looked like soapy water in there. Then it goes into F02 error and will not spin or drain.. . So tired of bailing water out of this sucker. BUt definately know that rattling noise when it goes into spin and drain is not suppose to be there. and it won't spin at all. . I can hit cancel and open the door and the water comes overflowing out. HeLP!!!??? My propeller turns just fine when I had the filter trap out.

Edited by: Peggy Smith ( )

0

KELLEY ANCONA
1

My husband cleaned out the round pump filter from debris, but we are still getting the F 02 error code. What should we do now?

F/02 error code potential causes Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running. Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects If the above does not correct the problem replace the pump

0

tim cain
1

when all is said and done and the suds icon still appears ,and after running the washer with just water, then the F-2 CODE APPEARS again ,AND I HAVE REPLACED THE PUMP, new pump, no soap , clear drain hoses, nothing in the trap, what is it.

Edited by: tim cain ( )

0

Hollie
1

I am having the same codes come up. SUD sometimes, F02, and even F11. After reading all of this I could say that my next step (since I have cleaned the drain trap of a quarter and an acorn), is to replace the drain pump. I will check it out manually first and check the drain hose, but there is one other possibility: the drain itself! I remember my shower was clogged a while back. I finished showering and was about to get a plunger on it when a large gurgle happened in the toilet releasing the clog. My washer is down the line from there, so I think I'll try blasting the drain before I mess with the washing machine. Also, everyone should check their gasket inside the machine for misc objects. I find kids' socks and bra inserts in there all the time! Another good tip is to leave the door open when not in use -- keeps mildew from forming. The only time that leaving the door open is a problem is if your water inlet valve goes out. I had a decent flood on a day I wasn't even using the washer! I replaced my water inlet valve myself for less than $80 with help from an online video. Thanks to all who share great tips! Happy washing! :)