0

BellaOsa
1

Why won't is read Sim Card but everything else works fine?

My iPhone 3G works great. It just doesnt read the Sim Card so I get no Cell service. I now have a iPod :(

I did my research and Im still left pondering. So could it be just bent pins since everything else works? Or... would it still be problems with the logic board, again even if everything works just fine?

Im new at this so yes, I think im being very specific in wanting an answer b/c im nervous about fixing my own iPhone. Thanks for your understanding :)

Help Please...

BellaOsa

3

pollytintop

Well done for having a look through other solutions first... It helps! You'll either need to look in sim slot from outside or open it up to see the gold prongs. Sometimes sim problems can be solved simply by cleaning- the sim and the slot. I'd try that first. Or request a new sim

I have tried the new sim card n it didn't work. Took it in to an AT&T store n they want $100 to fix it. Yet couldn't tell me Ehat the issue was. This is why I'm trying to fix it myself. Thank you fr your help :)

BellaOsa,

take a look at this http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Insta... you only need to follow the first 6 steps. then you will be able to see the sim slot from inside and take a look at the gold prongs/clean etc.

pollytintop,

0

BellaOsa
1

Thank you... I will let you know how it goes :)