0

frank
1

My home button stopped working

i followed the instructions on the site for removal of the front panel assembly and found dust in the unit. using gentle air and a soft bristle detail paint brush i cleaned the unit. following suggestions on the site reguarding the button not working i checked the prongs for the button, adjusted them then reassembled the phone a second time. the home button still does not work. do i need to go deeper or is it possible that the button has failed. the phone is 1.5 years old...

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Andrew Bookholt ( )

2

pollytintop

If you cleaned and lifted the prongs, cleaned the top of the dock, tested that the button actually "clicks" when pressed- and still no response then I'd replace the home button flex. You've taken front panel off once so I'm sure you'll find replacing the flex fairly self explanatory. It is held down only by tape similar to that on the front panel, it comes up easily.the tape is under home button and underneath the prongs. Just go easy putting the flex/ prongs back through the access hole to the right of home button - it's easy to flatten the prongs. You can buy fairly cheaply ($) on eBay.