0

jorgeoa
57

Keys F1,1,Q,A,Z,Backspace,F12 don't work

Hi.

First let me say that the keyboard is not wet.

Since a lot of months ago, these keys don't work when I'm using the battery (with or without the battery charger connected), but if I remove the battery and use the computer connected to the charger, all the keys work fine.

The "big" problem is that since yesterday these keys no longer work with or without the battery.

I opened the computer and checked that the keyboard is correctly connected to the motherboard, and the cable connection below the trackpad seems to be fine.

The really strange thing is that until now the keyboard worked fine without battery.

My upper case model is the one with silver cable.

Please, can anyone tell me something to do in order of trying to repair the keyboard without having to buy a new one?

Thanks!!

Edited by: jorgeoa ( )

1

jorgeoa
57

Hi Wizbang and lemerise.

Yesterday morning, the keyboard began to work again without the battery, but still didn't work with the battery. I tried a external keyboard and it works fine.

But I finally found the problem: the keyboard cable or connector behind the battery

.

The moment you touch the cover, the keyboard stop working, so, when I'm using the battery, it press the cover and the keyboard doesn't work.

I'll buy a new cable to replace it.

Thanks for your answers!

Nice find, you should not accept your answer since the problem is resolved.

lemerise,

Sorry, I made a typo "You should now accept your answer"... Maybe one day we'll be able to edit the comments here.

lemerise,

You can edit--but only for a few minutes and then you are locked out. +

rj713,

Check to see if your battery is swollen.

mayer,

1

lemerise

Inspect carefully your battery and check if it is bulged. Sometimes a battery can show physical deformation and when installed in the macbook will cause too much pressure on the top case. The pressure can affect the track pad and the keyboard.

0

Wizbang FL
129

If you connect an external keyboard do all the keys work properly on the external keyboard?

Also if you have installed any keyboard routine programs (butler, quicksilver, etc) they may be impacting. Do you have a clean profile to check for corruption?