0

dallas19692003
1

How to replace the charging port on iPod touch

How do I replace the charging port on an ipod touch? The cord was accidentally yanked out and broke a couple prongs inside the ipod. So it will no longer charge or connect to PC.

Which iPod touch do you have? Depending on the generation of iPod that you have, it does make a difference.

I Have Exactly the same problem on a 2nd generation 8gb touch. would love some help with this.

Liam McGowan,

yea so it needs a replacement logic board basicly? is it possible to use the part from a 1st gen nano?

Liam McGowan,

I don't know I have the 4th Generations and it will only charge standing up on my I home with force. So it is very hard to get apps. I am going to look on apple.com! :)

Levi,

3

On the 2nd generation, the dock connector is solder to the board. Check on the guide iPod Touch 2nd Generation Logic Board Replacement page 5 shows the dock connector. So you have to remove the logic board and then remove the dock connector by de-soldering it as well as the 2 prongs on the side that hold it on the logic board. Not a terrible job but it does require a steady hand, good eyes (or a magnifying lamp in my case)and good tools. Good luck and let us know how it is going.

I HAVE A 4th gen i accidently pulled it out the charger and i think the inside bended

moralesgabriel73,

Just follow the steps in the original answer.

how do i fix the iPod charger on the iPod not the charger but the charger on the iPod

kydira,

My answer above shows how to replace the charging port on the ipod....

so how do you get a replacement connector?

jenn10johnson,

0

sameer9959
1

i pod 4 charging port how to change

1.open the lcd and all screws...

2.with solidering we have to re-move the up-side points on board and battery points...........

3.then after pull the board in the frame..........

4.Then keep the safety sticker on ic and capster and dont keep the sticker on charging port........

5.give heat up to 460 degree and down side of the port

6.carefull there is on down side ic are they

7.slowly pull out

0

Cole
1

apple.com didn't help my ipod will not charge i was plugging in my ipod one day and the black piece in the charger port that holds up all pf the little metal parts that is used to charge my ipod it just came out so now like a month or two later now it will not charge because form charging it all of the piece are bent down and it is all most dead so i cant hardly use it and i hope that the charger port can be fixed so i dint loose everything or it can be put onto a nether ipod or something.

by chance does any buddy know of an apple store any where near Gibsonia,PA

Cole,