1

dewy3
13

swap logic board a1226 and a1260

Hello everyone,

I own a logic board a1226 and got a macbook pro model a1260 with a broken logic board.

is it possible to put a a1226 into a model a1260 macbook pro?

is there a problem that the a1226 is a 2,4 ghz and the a1260 is a 2,5 ghz?

There is a related post, but unfortunately it is the other way round:

http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/33611...

Aditionally, can it brake everything, when i put in another logic board?

Thanks in advance,

Lukas Danzer

Edited by: dewy3 ( )

2

mayer

Walter Galan, one of the best guide creators, appears to think they are interchangeable: MacBook Pro 15" Core 2 Duo Models A1226 and A1260 Logic Board Replacement

The user that did do the change mentions slight alterations to the mounting screws and that he would change the bottom case if doing it again. For reference this is a Santa Rosa board in a Penryn machine. You may end up replacing the keyboard also because thet are different. Here's a direct comparison of the two machines. http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ma...

1

Matt Edmonds
13

I haven't had a chance to really test out mine but so far yes it is possible. At least a a1226 board in a a1260 machine. With 2 changes. First the heatsinks are different. So you have to have the right heatsink. Some of the mounting points are different. No way around this. Then one of the standoffs inside the case is slightly off. They are just glued on though. So I popped it off and moved it over. I'd assume going the other way (a1260 board in a1226) wouldn't be any different. But try at your own risk. Btw I upped my process to a 2.6 in doing this swap. I was mainly wanting working FireWire ports but got this as a bonus. ;)

0

contact
1

Hi !

I´ve done this like 10x and successful.

My Question is if the GFX Chips suffers from different Voltage from the I/O Board...

Does the I/O Board have to be changed aswell ?