3

FeKo
49

iPod white screen after repair the screen.

Hey Guys...

My ipod touch 4g screen was broken and i fixed it but now my screen is white... First i thought it is the white screen of death but it isn'n.. then i tought the new screen doesn't work but it works on another ipod .. please help me :(

omg that is exactly what happened 2 me thank u 4 having this questionn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amy,

24

mayer

While holding the home button down and volume up button, push and hold the power off button and hold that until you see the apple sign.

If the iPod will not turn off, try to reset it. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until either the Apple logo or battery symbol appears. If the battery symbol appears, continue to charge iPod touch until it is fully charged.

That failing doa restore, here's how:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Edited by: mayer ( )

This link "http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414" worked for my Ipod Touch 4g. Thank you soo much.

Paul Rokitjanski,

mayer, Thank you! I recently opened my ipod to fix the home button problem, and I was trying to return the LCD plug back in and all I got was the white screen of death! I didnt know what to do! I thought it was the plug, but when I reset it, everything was back to normal! thank you

erorp Crazyfish,

mr. mayer you are the man! muchisimas gracias.

hugo Santiago,

I would like to thank MAYER, you saved my butt. I replaced the screen and got the white screen and MAYER'S instructions worked, that is, holding the 3 buttons together. This is my third screen replacement for the 4th gen and it doesn't get any better. I meticulously remove the old adhesive and lay the new adhesive down and when I lightly sqweeze the top and bottom corners or sides I get screen distortion. I'd sooner replace the iPhone 3g/s or 4g any day.

Joe in PA,

Mr Mayer you are the best it works again thanks for all the tips relay helpful can you tell me why i keep losing the camera after screen replacement is there a trick what is the purpose of the small spring near the camera thank you

ygal,

5

Country Computer Service
4k

I wanted to ask an answer, then post an answer, but, don't think I can do that so...

After you remove your old screen look on the tip of the thin video cable and you will see what looks like a little aluminum/mesh cushion pad. Some manufacturers are shipping replacement screens without this pad and without it you will get a white screen.

Carefully use an Exacto to scrape the old one off, try to get as much adhesive as you can when your working and note the orientation and which side the adhesive is on. Place the cushion on your new screen and hook it up.

I got a dozen screens in from a manufacturer and was scratching my noggin thinking why is the old screen working and all the new ones white when I discovered this little nugget. :)

@phil, here is a photo to clarify.

I had the same issue last night, thomas. I did run into one bad screen, but, finally, I hooked up the original and got the video back then disconnected and added another screen. It was white, but, after doing the Home/Power combo a couple of times it came on. Something to consider. And check on the board to make sure you haven't bent or torn off one of those tiny pins on the video connector -- I worked one once and accidentally broke one off, ugh, had to use a 20x loupe to notice it.

I try to keep a couple of those cracked, but working screens around to double check that it isn't an issue with the replacement.

IT COULD BE THE PART

Just a note, I've been ordering replacement screens from a wholesaler and have had lots of issues. I've got 4 sitting on the shelf that I tested and all have a white screen.

I can use an old screen and no problem, switch to the new screen from the wholesaler and get stuck on the white screen...even after several resets, powering down etc.

I plan on calling them tomorrow, dunno if it makes a difference, but in this photo you'll see on on the left is the connector for the new screen which leaves me with a white screen and the right a connector from an old screen which works fine. You could be having the same issue.

Edited by: Country Computer Service ( )

John, that would be a great fix. Do you think you could post an image with your answer?

@oldturkey03 just closed up shop at 4am about an hour ago, I'll post a pic either this afternoon or Saturday afternoon when I'm back at work.

Country Computer Service,

I started a discusson about what parts to move over from the broken screen: http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/55811... and wanted to comment on this bracket thing as It always is a hassle transferring without bending it/losing glue etc. @Garry suggested to leave it and after many repairs i agree. Just be sure to cover all contact areas with the 300SLE adhesive. I now get perfect contact every time. Thanks for pointing out the pad and for the photo @John. I just pinch this pad off the old screen and it stays sticky.

asle,

Hi, read johns answer to iPod touch 4gen white screen , I was wondering John could you send me a picture of the little silver stripe you were talking about. Regards phil

Phil,

Hi Jon, obviously mine has gone in the bin, is there any other thing I could use as a replacement ? . Kind regards phil

Phil,

2

Chad
175

I had this problem a long time ago and never found an answer that worked for me...I just had an iPod Touch 4G last week do this after an LCD change, and I fixed it. I had another one do it today, and was able to confirm a fix

Here is what I did:

1)while PLUGGED INTO COMPUTER, hit power/sleep to blacken screen (if it is already black, toggle through white screen and then back to black)

2)press home button in and hold, immediately press in power/sleep and hold

3)hold until Apple logo appears, release

2

steve
47

I would agree with all the solitions above. Always try the reset , re-seating lcd connector options first.... And of course if you swap the screen and a new one works then of course you know the first screen was faulty.

IF ALL of those things fail and you know the screen itself is not faulty then one thing that worked for me was:

Using a magnifer (20x binocular if possible) look at the area to the right of the lcd connector on the mother board - with the lcd itself disconnected. There should be a row of tiny components in a vertical line between the right hand side of the connector and the ambient light sensor (the one with the foam sponge around it). The 2nd component up should be a little black resistor. I had accidentally knocked mine off whilst prying up the lcd connector.

I bridged that missing resistor by applying some solder across the 2 pads and when then lcd was re-connected the white screen was fixed. That was a year ago & the ipod has worked fine since. Ideally you would get a resistor the same size & resistance , but I didnt have access to smd reworking-type equipment. So far so good!

You definitely need that magnifier-preferably stand mounted so you have 2 hands free to do the soldering underneath.

I just want to add that I have never received the white screen issue when replacing the screen with a cheaper $20 screen from ebay. Steve made a good point about watching the small parts to be sure you are not damaging something while trying to plug in the screen. If you are getting a white screen after a repair you are probably unplugging the screen while the ipod is powered on. That is the only case I have ever gotten the white screen when the LCD plug came loose while I was testing it and the screen went white. After a quick reset it worked fine. For those who are having other issues, like Steve noted you likely broke something or detached something while doing the repair. There are so many fragile parts you must be very slow and careful to make sure everything is taken apart and replaced correctly.

David Gr,

1

Michael
13

Ok white screen explained. Ipods are like little computers with a simple graphics card hooked to a display. If you disconnect this display and put a different display on while the device is not powered off you get a white screen and yes you may have turned the device off but that power button is very easy to bump while doing this repair. So just like any computer each screen has to be calibrated for your computer and so does an ipod screen. Ipods do this calibration durring power on test. So the trick in fixing the white screen is to get the ipod to power off and back on. The button holding instructions for a hard reset will work if you can time them right but as long as no password is set on the device just open itunes with the device connected and tell itunes to backup the device. Then when the backup is finished tell itunes to restore the device from the backup you just made. Itunes does a hard reset after the restore to finalize your setting changes. So if you have a password on a broken screen ipod go into settings and remove it till your done working on the device and it makes white screens very easy to fix. Also white screen can happen when to much pressure is applied to a screen and the wires are broke inside so dont push or bend the screen because that version of white screen is not fixable.

0

Mike
13

I replaced a cracked screen.....after connecting the new one and before closing up, everything showed up fine.....then all of a sudden, white screen. I plugged into iTunes but it was password protected. I actually punched in the code, guessing where the numbers would be and it worked! So, everything seems to be there in the white screen. I've tried 2 different screens with the same result. Quadruple checked connections, tried restoring and the hold the buttons method. Nothing but white. What confuses me is why it was fine at first then all of a sudden white screen. I don't think I did anything wrong....I've done about 8 repairs before without this problem.

This is not a problem with the digitizer but the LCD connector. Check if it damaged like mine was where a pin was gone of the connector: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/943721/1... Look at the picture LCD_connector_ipodtouch4g. I also had a similar problem when exchanging 3 screens did not give me any picture. This iPod Touch 4g I gave up and was in my drawer for 3 weeks. I one day connected it again just being bored and voila, it worked again. Very spooky but it has since worked perfect. I know this may be of no comfort but miracles can happen. This Touch 4g is a spooky thing...

asle,

0

asle

Many good feedbacks but his problem is a white screen and that usually has nothing to do with the digitzer but with the LCD. So resetting in any ways will help. If not there is no simple solution to this. I have had success with unplugging the LCD connector, spraying contact spray on the connector and reseating the connector.

0

Cooper Luce
1

Both my sister's and mine had cracked, so I replaced hers first (waiting on a battery replacement, not using hers a a guinea pig) and it worked like a charm with no conflicts. Mine, however, should have been a much easier replacement because of the way it broke, but instead I got this white screen. I did a hard reset by holding sleep and home and it worked after a bit. Here is the video I did it from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgcmZa5dC...

And for anyone wanting to know how to revert the firmware, here is a website with the downloads (tested and works - at least it did six months ago):

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

Simply plug in your device and hold shift and press restore, a dialog box should appear asking you for the file location, select it, and it should work.

0

David Gr
1

Does your old screen still work at all? If so you could plug in the old screen and see if it still works, if it does then your screen is probably bad. Make sure you have the plug snapped all the way in also, I have seen some only snap down on one side (just enough to power the lcd).

Some people have also claimed to have success by letting the battery run dead and then recharging it. I have never had to use this method so I am not sure if it works or not.

One last thing to try is resetting it again, sometimes you may not have hit the buttons just right and the reset did not take place. I just replaced a screen yesterday that I had to try 4 times to get it to reset (I accidentally hit the power button while the lcd was unplugged and got the white screen).

Hope this helps you a little bit, good luck.

0

Pablitox
1

you must do a hard reset. press power button and home button at the same time during 10 seconds.

0

ronkowch
1

I had 2 LCD's go white screen after I tried replacing a cracked screen. I believe my problem was that I did not power down the IPOD Touch properly before I installed the new LCD. Damage to the LCD and Digitizer occurred when power was still present while connecting the new LCD. After letting the power completely drain from the IPOD Touch, I installed a new LCD/Digitizer and this solved my problem. Make sure you power down (hold the power button and swipe to power off) your IPOD Touch before removing and installing a new LCD/Digitizer.

0

Trent
1

Sometimes this is a software issue, and will resolve itself when the battery dies.

0

Linda
1

I was having the same problem with the white screen after replacement. I tried four screen with no luck. I finally got it to work by watching this video on youtube. It was my problem and it could be yours if nothing else works. Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYpBgcHSx...

0

mathew
1

I had this same problem and i just spent 10 minutes trying to find you my solution. I remember the site that helped me fix mine http://www.kindredcone.com but they haven't tagged the article properly and i can't find it this time. If you have a look i know it's in there. I accessed the site from Google, you can try that also. Just type in your problem. But try the site first, maybe I'm just brain dead and can't think how to find it properly with the right keywords.

0

Craig

I recently repaired an ipod touch 4th gen and I guess I damaged the lcd board connector while installing the lcd connector and got the white screen. I inspected the connector and noticed a pin had been damaged so I resoldered the bad pin and it worked great afterwards.

I had the same problem. Look here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sxpgiij5eluwo... You must be pretty good at soldering;-) I would never be able to solder things like that!

asle,

0

Spoon
1

i have to this display problem ...but im have display problem , i try with another display and now is ok ....i

0

jude
1

Hi, I am having the white scree issue after screen replacement too. I noticed that I tore the little black sqaure pad near the camera, (the light sensor area?). I watched the video that helped Linda, and it seems like that area is my problem, but for the life of me, I cannot see where he soldered to make a connection! Does anyone know of a better picture of this area and where the solder needs to go to make this connection?

0

Linda
1

Jude, if you go back to the video and pause it on 7:53 that will probably help you see it better. Looking at the screen the light sensor is on top, we want to look at the bottom row of components. If you start on the bottom right going to the left, the component missing is the second to the left. It's suppose to look like the third component on the bottom. I hope i was able to help you on this. Linda

Jude, I forgot to mention that you are suppose to put some solder down to make a bridge. It is really hard if you don't have the right soldering tip. I did mine with a stencil cutting tip, it was the only one that i could find that worked for me. I used 60/40 rosin-core solder. The first time i did it i used a bigger tip and i got solder on another component by accident. The white screen was gone but the microphone has some static noise. So i redid the work with the smaller tip and made sure that i didn't touch any other components and guess what the ipod works perfectly.

Linda,

Linda, Thank you!! I'm going to give it a try today...I'll let you know how it goes:)

jude,

0

Adam Walsh
1

I have found no problem with any of the pins with a magnifying glass, everything seems to be perfect, the ipod works fine with another LCD but for the life of me I can't get this red digitizer LCD to display anything other than a white screen. Tried a hard reset, everything. Is it a bad screen, or am I missing something?

0

rlarajr
1

I had a similar problem yesterday with an iPhone 4 screen. After i replaced the screen and turned it on, the screen e was white. You could see the apple and the apps, but the digitizer would not function. I luckily had ordered two and tested the second one and it worked perfectly. I suspected it might have to do with a damaged clip from the first installed screen. Couldn't find the problem with the white screen.

0

David
1

Steve, I would like to confirm the missing resistor near the LCD connector , thank you so much .

0

jmarrero
1

One more case to create a white screen issue. From my point of view, if not solved by previous sugestions (holding buttons, reseting connectors, draining battery), the cuase of the white screen is a open circuit.

While replacing the screen it will be necessary to bend the circuit board to connect the new screen. In my case I did not noticed that the flex cable controlling the volume and power button was broken.

After replacing the cable a assembling all the parts, the white screen work perfectly.

In some cases I had also short circuit the battery connectors with the home button, and the ipod came to life again.

Has anybody gone through a similar scenario and/or solutions ?

My advice, checks all components twice.

JM - Montreal

0

zuzuram
1

Replacing the screen on te second ipod 4th gen I got the white screen... Got the first advice...connecting to iTunes. Windows 7 installed the drivers, like it was a new device and the iTunes asked to restore from backup. I did, the white screen dissapeared and got the apple. Cool, thanks guys!!!! Not I'll try for the 3rd one (got 3 kids). If anything happens I'll update....

0

megas xlr
1

i put the new screen on and got the white screen so i put the old screen back on and white screen i tried the home and power button about 4 times and still white i looked and looked for a answer and the only one left i see is to let it die then plug it in to charge it and people say that work got any ideas please tell me the new screen i got was white but had a big black spot on it like it got crushed in the package so im sending it back and getting another one but my old one is still white hopefully i can find a fix before the new one comes in

0

Jake
1

I am having the same exact issue, but I don't think it is the pad issue or the reset issue. It was working initially and when I pulled it apart to put a bit more adhesive at the top, all of a sudden I got a grey/white screen. I thought that maybe I damaged a ribbon cable or something, but everything is still in great shape.

Is it possible something happened to the LCD itself? The silver foil (must be a shield of some kind) came off and that separated the LCD into its respective layers. Could this have hosed the LCD and touch screen and therefore is completely ruined?! Or is it possible the connector was damaged somehow or bent so that some of the pins are not making contact?

I really have no idea because I have only done this once before and it did not turn out so well.

Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Jake

0

Danny Puggsy
1

Hi , i just tried to replace a screen on an ipod touch 4g, this is the third one i have done, but this time i have got a white screen. I cant see any problems with the connectors on either the new screen or the motherboard. I put the old one back in and it was white aswell (was working before i changed it). I have done a restore via itunes but this still didnt work. Any ideas what it could be pleased? i havent placed silver cushion behind the new connector, does this make a difference? i didnt replace them in the other two i did.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me

The cushioned sticker missing under the contact could be a problem. I once put it back on again and solved the white screen. Worth a try. I guess you read all the other good advice here. This Touch 4g will forever be our nightmare. I stopped fixing them because they are really voodoo. I fixed one and got the white screen but could not fix it. 2 months later I pull it up from my drawer and turn it on - it worked perfect again! Now that must be voodoo!

asle,

Just FYI the mesh pad doesn't matter. I've been repairing these for a couple years and have done hundreds and I have NEVER, literally NEVER transferred that piece and have never had a white screen issue

Brent Huff,

Thanks for the reply. I shall try replacing the cushion and go from there. I myself have said I won't be touching these again. Not worth the hassle. I hope the same happens with this one in a couple of months too! Thanks again

Danny Puggsy,

Brent Huff,

0

Stephane
1

Just replace my screen today. At first after the replacement but before closing everything i give it a try and everything was perfect. Power off the device put all the piece togetter power on.....half the screen is grey the other was kind of motion blur power of the device thinking closing it perfectly and do a hard restart after but surprise all the screen is actualy white.

Done a lot of hard restart (home + power) also try home + volume up + power and did couple of restore with iTune but nothing works. Could it be the lcd / digitizer by itself ??

Theres 2 thing i didnt try 1 - drain the battery totally and plug it and 2 try to re-install the old one to see if its work

Thanks for any advice you can tel me

Edit : i re-install the old screen and it's the white screen too so back to the new one and try to figurit out

Edited by: Stephane ( )

If half of the screen turned up GREY with motion blur the issue is 1 of 2 things: not properly connected LCD or a bad LCD More than likely it is a bad LCD.

Brent Huff,

Thanks Brent That was my first thinking. well i will buy another one and hope this one goes better.

Stephane,

0

Sofi
1

well mine did that too before I fixed the screen and actually before I broke the screen. I have had problems with my ipod freezing up before I fixed it by holding the power button and the home button at the same time and it fixed the white screen too but, then when I heated it and clamped the screen after replacing it was all discolored and you cant see half of the screen does anyone no how to fix that?

0

owen
1

Firs i thought it was the screen was broken ,because it was white. Then i tried pressing the volume button up while pressing the home button and holding the on/off button all the same time . Don't stop pressing the three buttons until the screen goes black. The i pod will turn itself back on and it would work fine

0

Jan
1

{quote} While holding the home button down and volume up button, push and hold the power off button and hold that until you see the apple sign.{quote}

I did the above and my iPod 4th gen said, " the time is now 7:22 p.m."

My husband replaced my battery and I now have a black screen. I plugged the usb to my iMac and iTunes "sees" the iPod, but the finder (iMac) does not. I was able to make a backup while it was in iTunes. But the Restore Backup button is grayed out.

I just now opened iTunes and it detected my iPod wireless from my network. It is not showing up under devices in Finder on my mac.

My husband said a "cable" did not look right after he replaced the battery. He said he would have to open it up again to say where the cable was.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

0

Stephane
1

After battery replacement sometime it short and go black screen. All you have to do is ground the battery again. see how here : http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/76734...

0

B Koehler
1

I need some help here too, when i replaced my screen, it was working just fine, but the touch screen was messed up. so i took it apart and fixed the connections and it ended up working just fine. but then i was pushing the screen back into the case and i heard a snap in the upper region of the ipod, and ive been getting a white screen since! ive reset it multiple times, shorted out the battery, let the battery die out and recharge,== Heading text == tried my old screen, checked the connecitons, and finally i restored it and still no luck, any ideas? is it a hardware issue at this point? or do i need to do something more?

0

frank
1

I have been trying to get a new screen to work, I am successful going from the white screen to apple on the original. I am unable to get it to work on the new screen. I get all 3 buttons held down and in about 5 seconds the screen goes back and doesn't do anything else...What could that be?

0

iDoctor
241

I've seen this problem twice in the past two days. My fix was to put the old screen that was working back into the ipod. If it's not working try to soft reset. Once working then restore the ipod with itunes. after the restore is completed put the new screen back into the ipod and if it comes up with a white screen again try another soft reset and it should work. If you can't get your ipod to turn back on with the old screen then I don't know what else to tell ya. Hope this helps!

0

Arjuna
1

I bought a replacement kit from icracked.com Very complete and comprehensive for the most part. I tested the new screen before sealing it up, worked great. Then I believe when I disconnected it and reconnected without turning the power off that did something goofy and gave me a white screen of death. After plugging and unplugging the digitizer cable it finally showed me a "needs charge" symbol. Relief!!!! So maybe I drained the battery enough . . or something wasn't connected properly. Not sure. But it looks like I have an apple symbol now. Good news. Tried the Home-Up Volume-Power restart but nothing happened. It looks like it's working again somehow. Going to seal this baby up. The home button feels dead though, after the replacement.

0

meanietjo
1

I just wanted to say thank you. I thought it was me. It ends up I had received a bum screen. Nothing worked, it wouldn't reset, it glowed a little, but that was it, I almost gave up hope, thinking that I had fried it, but i kept trying things and it did respond to iTunes! I followed the above advice, hooked up one of my broken but functional screens. It came on white but with the home button, the up volume button and the sleep wake button all held, it DID reset . So this new screen is going back. Thanks to all! Happy Fixing!

0

Mike
1

LOL

you know whats funny. I just figured out ( last night , i was up all night working on ipod touch 4's) how this is done.

1 thing is for certain. most every white screen that appears to be ruined. is actually good.

the other thing - if the white screen effect is not solid but instead has streaks or partially covered reddish lines. That is a bad screen. it's the screens male end or the mother boards female side. the pins are crossing from being bent or broken off or whatever. or it could be the ribbon jacked. sometimes you can straighten the pins back out and get it to work but i do NOT want to get into that because it's so hard it just !@#$%^ me off to think about it, I will tell you this though, you will need a huge lighted magnifying glass to do it and good freaking luck. moral of that story is do not push that plug to hard. LOL

your white screen problems are not from a bad screen, your white screen problems are from the gpu getting shut off and on at the wrong times or super fast or when ever it just doesn't like what your doing. this can happen at anytime during the fix. It;s really easy to bump when all this apart, it's due to the charge in the battery and just bumping any little thing can send a signal to the ipod accidentally.

Bulk sellers are not trashing your returns, they just sell them again. no joke. if it looks fine, no cracks or scratches, they will just sell it again. you might get a new one, you might get the same one back. and guess what happens when you get it? it works.

Some of you guys are not being honest. you say that you think your screen is a bad one and "help me I want a fix for this" and blah blah blah. but what you really mean is you got it to work but then later when you were trying to get everything right, it quit working and went a white screen and now you can't get it back on like it was before. I think that's because no one wants to admit they jacked it up.

well you did jack it up but it's fixable. That hold the volume button thing hasn't worked for me reliably. it does sometimes but I believe it's because at some point while doing that the machine just gets too may commands at one time and shorts it self out for a second. POOF there lies the fix. If you have tried to do it that way and it doesn't work you can just short it out yourself for a second. take the metal center piece back out. see by the home button controls Pos and neg and there is a another on the middle of those two 9 can't remember what that says at the moment.

use something metal, a short piece of copper wire with a another short piece of copper wire wrapped in the middle is perfect. you want to make a 3 way connection for just a moment.

you want to touch the center of the home button, the sliver metal around the bottom of the home button ( frame piece with the goo in it. and the POS terminal for just a second. now plug your white screen failure back in and poof. it is perfect.

I came to this conclusion after a few tests and one of the ipods I was working on that was doing this was set aside because I was so frustrated with it. I left it set for so long the battery ran all the way out. it worked when i recharged it and and plugged the same screen back in. also powered several cracked screens.

so wha laaa. if you do not believe me then i would like to buy all your white screen failures please./ LOL I will give you 3 bucks each for them. LOL

Man, that would be great, Id have a pile of them and never have to order another, I'll be rich!

PS. I am not some kid that thinks he knows everything. LOL I am a Monster 45 year old hairy man with fingers way too big to be messing with these tiny little screws. I normally just deal in car audio( KICKER ) but I got into doing this because I was getting a lot of customers with broken ipods that they were using to push signals to their head units.

when you are dealing with amps and signal processors and huge car audio systems the cardinal rule is disconnect the battery when working on the system. the power is WAY hi in the audio systems so when something like this thing with the ipod happens it FRYS STUFF. I mean it will Blow stuff up, ruin thousands of dollars worth of electronics or even burn your car to the ground.

so it;s kind of cool the electrical systems in these are only very small and all you have to do it is this fix to make it all work again.

Ta Daaaah !

0

Cory
1

All of the above have worked for me but on one occasion I had the same problem with 2 ipod 4th generation devices. After replacing the screens I had nothing (black screen). I tried unplugging and reseating the cables and then the screens would power up with a white screen or still do nothing. Did this several times with no luck. I tried shorting the battery (3.7v pin to ground) and this had no effect. I finally plugged them into a computer to see if itunes recognized them and it did. What I discovered was the software was a verstion 5.x.x and iTunes was telling me I needed to update the software. I updated the software on both devices to 6.1.x and then plugged the screens back in. Both powered up with a white screen and I did a reset (home button and power button for 10 seconds) and both devices powered up with no problem. I read somewhere on the internet that the new screens coming over from China have an lcd on them that is not compatible with older software versions.

Cory

This Month: 3,117