1

Ryan
23

2 Broken phones, one LCD and one glass cover

Hey everyone, I have two damaged iPhone 3Gs's.

One has a shattered glass touch screen, the other has a cracked LCD display screen.

If I were to purchase the "Display assembly kit" found here:

iPhone 3GS Display Assembly

Would I be able to split the pieces up and fix both phones?

I assume for one phone I would need the touchscreen glass with integrated digitizer and the other phone would need the LCD. Then I would have a bonus ear piece speaker and home button, correct?

It would be cheaper to purchase the $99 kit and split it up, rather than purchase the $70 Front panel assembly + the $70 LCD display.

What do you think?

Edited by: Ryan ( )

iPhone 3GS Display Assembly

Includes touchscreen glass, integrated digitizer, LCD, ear piece speaker and home button. Replace a broken, cracked, or shattered iPhone 3GS display with this assembly. Compatible with all iPhone 3GS models. — 28 available at 69.95 each.

3

pollytintop

More than possible- it's what I'd do. Just take it easy so you don't end up buying more bits! Once you've got the front panels off you should be able to remove the LCD and push out the broken glass. Make sure you go easy with the black rubber seal or the final look is shabby.

Thanks! When you refer to the "black rubber seal" - Is that glued to the glass touch screen? I assume because you tell me to be careful, a new one is not included with the kit?

Ryan,

Actually might not be a problem because you won't need to take glass out of broken frame at this stage! The seal is on the midframe not the digitiser itself but when the glass breaks it can cut into the seal ( I made mistake of pulling bits off) as you'll have 3 midframes ( black plastic that holds digitiser and LCD/ home button and speaker) you'll end up with a spare ( the one with broken glass) and the othr 2 all you're doing is swapping out the LCD s. You can't buy new seals.....

pollytintop,