0

Lewis
37

The ringer is on but the phone won't ring?

I have a 32gb iPhone 3gs. When I first got it the ringer worked fine. Now when I get a call it doesn't ring. I have vibrate on and ringer on. Is there some sort of setting I can change?

Edited by: pollytintop ( ) , Andrew Bookholt ( )

3

Lewis
37

Well, I found out what happened. I inadvertently swithched the ringer off. There is a button right above the volume buttons on the side of the iPhone that controls the mute. I had switched it off my mistake.

Silly sausage!

pollytintop,

yes, the mute button was switched off on me as well. must have happened when i cleaned..... thanks to this site

jtc75,

Thank you! My phone case doesn't allow for me to see/use that button. I had forgotten it was there. Have been wondering why alarms work, but phone won't ring.

Skip,

You helped me too!!!!

Patricia Hansen,

Thanks put a new otter box on turned the sound off duh!

ron maclean,

2

pollytintop

No1 check is to clean out headphone jack of dirt and fluff. It sometimes tricks the phone into thinking headphones are in!

No2 check settings general sounds

No3 press and hold power and home for 10 sec until apple appears then allow to reboot

No4 replace dock or mic/speaker flex on dock( replacing entire dock is easier)

Thank you!!!!

mbse4,

0

Dan
1

Wow...too easy! thanks for the help!

0

lljwill
1

I don't have a MUTE button anywhere on my g3 -- ???

0

nettiebear2002
1

Thank you so much, the ringer off button was also off on my phone. I'm a happy camper now. Barbara