1

040304
7k

Why did my washing machine just keep running water for two hours?

My Kenmore 400 washer just over filled and ran water for two hours. Obviously there is a flood in the basement.

Last week I changed the lid switch which should have nothing to do with the water level sensor or however it works.

My question is why did it happen?

Did something come unplugged or become misplaced or miscalibrated? The water never stopped filling in and I do not know why.

Frank

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( ) , 040304 ( )

3

Here is a really good site that explains things like your overflowing washer very well http://www.davesrepair.com/DIYhelp/DIYws... If the washer is off and the machine keeps filling with water, than you must have a water fill valve that is stuck, usually the cold water one. If the machine is on and is overfilling I would think that you have a water level switch that is bad or the hose that attaches to the switch and the bubble on the side of the tub has come loose. I do not think that it has anything to do with your lid switch. Hope this helps and good luck.

Yeah, that was more or less what the reasons were.

040304,

+ nice resource

mayer,