1

Frank
13

What cable could cause the PXE-E61 Media Test failure?

When I boot my Adamo, it won't find my operating system. It boots and then gives the PXE-E61 error. Could the SSD connector cable be defective?

Edited by: osvaldo, ABCellars, mayer, and Mike ( )

5

Frank try this, in the Bios, just change the boot sequence so the pxe-61 isn't called for in the boot sequence. Think the cable is the Lan cable. Also removed an access plate on the bottom (numbered 4) and make sure the hard drive is seated properly. Apply some pressure on the the left front corner. Apparently there are some issues with a loose chip on that side just below the windows button. Either apply direct down pressure or trying lifting the unit from this corner and powering on. If that does it you know at least that you may have to have somebody reflow the board for you. More info here http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Solve-PXE... Good Luck and let us know how it is going.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This totally worked for me, and I do no even know anything about computers. How, who, where do I get someone to "reflow my board"? What does it mean that there is a loose chip on that side?

erickalezcano,

erickalezcano, you are welcome. It means that one of the IC or microchip has come loose on your motherboard. That can happen due to manufacturing issues, (poor soldering) bad solder etc. When somebody reflows the board, the solder that holds the IC (chip) on the board and makes connection is liquified and when it cools down, makes the proper connection again. This is a very simplified version, and I know that some people may give me a hard time with this :-) So in order to find someone to reflow your board will depend on your geographical location. I am also not sure how much the charge for that service would be. Sometimes it could be cheaper to purchase a new board.

I tried the same way. But it doesn't work. Pls help.

chatterguy,

I have Intel motherboard. I don't see any window logo in it. And Wat u mean by plate number 4. I couldn't see tat too.

chatterguy,

0

tarek ebrahem
1

i just opened my laptop from behind and i discovered that the HDD moved from its place a little so i pushed it to install it properly to its proper place and it works

just try this before doing anything else