0

Geo
1

PLEASE HELP! Beeping and black screen when laptop turned on

Ok I've had this laptop (HP pavilion dv2000) for a while now and recently, I have no idea what happened, but when I turn it on all the lights turn on but after around 5 seconds it starts to beep 4 times really loud. Also the screen is completely black nothing pops up. The black screen goes on forever. But If anybody has had this problem and fixed it or knows how to fix it i will be extremly grateful if you could help me with this problembecaise I hav no idea what to do. Thanks.

Edited by: Geo ( )

2

Geo, since I am not sure what BIOS you have I am going out on a limb here and assume that you have a AMI BIOS since all you get are 4 beeps and no other error (Beep) codes. 4 Short Beeps Memory failure in the first 64 KB Operational of memory or Timer 1 on the motherboard is not functioning and 1 Long, 3 Short Beeps Memory Problems. So right now I would start there. Take out the RAM , THEN insert it again , or if still the beep error, change the RAM or pull one memory stick and then start-up. Then install the memory stick, and pull the other one. This should reseat your memory and it should (could) work. Geo, also remember that the DV series has some serious overheating issues and I am not sure if this is part of what is going on with yours. Just keep it in mind. This link explains it a bit and can help you out if it is a an overheating issue http://en.kioskea.net/faq/6492-how-to-fi... .Let us know what works so we can continue to help you out. Good Luck

0

Chuck
81

The "black screen of death" is usually very easy to repair on a laptop. First turn your computer off by pressing and holding down the start button. Next unplug the computer and then remove the battery. Press and hold down the start button for about 60 seconds. Release the button and plug in the computer. Press the start button and the display should return. If this does not work, try it again up to four times. No results usually indicates a bad mother board. Hope this helps.

0

Bonface
1

This is usual problem in Hps machines when they start gettin old. Four beeps thats the motherboard problem, to narrow it down its the vga or rather graphic card. If you have proper tools you can do this on your own . otherwise take it to a good IT tech they will open the laptop resolder it properly and it will be fixed. I had similar problem and i fixed it with my friend in same way.its working fine.

Bonfantry M

0

Jordan Grant
1

Also see the HP Pavilion dv6000 troubleshooting page for more information about video chip problems (i.e. computer seems to have power to LED lights, etc., but does not boot and just has a black screen).

Edited by: Jordan Grant ( )

0

sweetbevsibe
1

i have a net book acer one aspire and my problem is when i turn it on it will appear microsoft but suddenly it beeps long and super loud and my screen it turns blacks and alsothe keyboard and the mouse pad does not work anyone could help me with this problem tnx

0

david chase
133

Turn over your laptop and loose the screws where it shows RAM sign open the lid deattach the RAM and switch the laptop on shut it down and attach the RAM into the holder close the lid and lock the screws. Turn it on if it does not then take it to a local repair shop for actual issue identification.

Good Luck.