0

Jalila
1

My ds top screen is white bottom screen works perfect

My ds top screen is white bottom screen works perfect but I think the hinge is out the top of the ds lite is falling off basicly only connected by left side do i just need new housing case?

1

ABCellars

You need to replace your upper/top LCD to resolve the white screen problem. The integrity of the LCD ribbon cable has been compromised due to the broken hinge and the ribbon cable is permanently attached to the LCD. For a permanent fix you also need to replace the shell/case/housing or the LCD cable will soon be damaged again.

Bottom line replace the upper LCD and the what ever is broken on the hinge. Don't try to glue what is broken on the hinge. You will cause more problems in the long run.

1

I would think that this is due to a poor connection to your top screen. The issues are either that the connection is loose that holds the top screen ribbon cable to the board or that the ribbon cable to the top screen is damaged and will require replacing. The only other thing I can think of are the potentiometers that control the screen voltage. Open up the battery cover (philips head) and right next to SL1 are two holes with 'screw' like things in them, these control voltage to the screens. I'm not sure which one is for the top screen, should be the furthest to the right. Grab a thin philips head screwdriver and turn the 'screw' inside there slowly, your screen might fuzz out like crazy, then turn it in the other direction. Hope that this will help you getting your DS back to work. Good Luck

1

morrisonjulian14
13

the ribbin cabble is th ploblem

0

Yoyo
1

This happened to my DSi and I took off the casing and it turns out that the ribbon cable in the right hinge was cut in half. So you should check

That. I just used my Swiss army knife.

0

Ricky3DS
1

i just say you buy and replace the old screen with a new screen... i tried everything but nothing works. after i bought my new screen, i've been plaing since 2008... thats all.......