0

John Cahan
1

How do I replace the battery?

I am trying to access the music on my deceased 20 year old's mini. I cannot just thow it away without attempting to listen to the music he loved. It looks like it is taking a charge when you plug it in but nothing works while plugged in and it does not have a charge when you unplug. Obviously the battery is dead and I wish to see if I can replace it. Can anyone help me?

0

rab777hp

Hi, I'm very sorry for your loss, here's what you'll need to do to revive the iPod:

Buy this battery here, and then follow this step-by-step installation guide. You probably already have the screwdrivers you need to do the repair, however, you'll also require a spudger.

Spudger

Tough antistatic tool used for working on electronic devices and doing DIY electronic repair. It's an essential tool for everything from repairing a broken smartphone or tablet screen to replacing an old battery or hard drive. Tough (and heat resistant) e — 50+ available at 2.95 each.

iPod Mini Replacement Battery

570 mAh — 45 available at 13.95 each.

Sorry for your loss. Please be careful when you use iTunes. Make sure you have the auto sync turned off so as to not lose the music.Just follow the guide like rab777hp pointed out and you will be fine with the player itself. Good luck.