1

zombies995
13

PS3 menu never loads, can I fix it?

I went to the PlayStation Store to download the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Map Pack after buying the $20 card from Game Stop. It was downloading, and I think the PS3 froze. So, I tried to turn it off with the power button, but it didn't work, so I unplugged it, which was my HUGE mistake, I think. So when I turn it back on, the screen lets me choose what user I want to play on. Then, the wavy lines in the background appear, and the background changes color, but the actual menu never loads. I'm not sure if this is a hard drive issue, or if it is beyond repair, but please give me your input. All help is appreciated!

3

jaybrooks76
493

You have to do a factory reset. The net turned up this help blurb that will help. This will erase everything you have on the system but is what sony will tell you to do.

Hard Reset procedure for the PS3 (as instructed by Sony CS).

Be sure to backup your settings/games saves by doing a System > Backup on your PS3 or you may lose your game saves! Also, this is a last resort procedure prior to exchanging/returning to sony.

1. Power Off the PS3 via the power switch in back and power back on w/switch.

2. Hold Power Button on the Front until you hear 3 beeps.

3. Then go through the initial setup and then run a full Format via System > Format. (will take approx 3 1/1 hours). You may need to have our AV cables ready if your using HDMI (in case HDMI isn’t detected after initial reset).

4. Restore your backup you made prior to doing factory/hard reset (optional, if you created a backup).

---- hope it helps