0

Diane
1

SRS light is on

What does it mean if the SRS light is on?

Edited by: machead3 and oldturkey03 ( )

1

William
217

I actually dealt with this last week at my shop. First thing I would check would be the fuse for it. The only way to check this also is with a Scan tool of some sort. I used a solous pro and how you check it is it flashes slowly the first part of the numerical code then the second quick flash is the second number of the code. So what I would do is see what code it is throwing and go from there. Im guessing its a non functional code because this is a common problem and I had to replace the whole srs unit in the 2000 accord I just worked on and it was an EX modle by the way.

0

mario massens
1

For images go to this link....http://www.superhonda.com/forum/536559-p...

O.K., here is the DIY for resetting the memory for your SRS Light. Your SRS Light may trigger and remain illuminated for several reasons. Some of these are:

• Unplugging your gauge cluster
  • Unplugging your SRS harness(es) when you remove your seats
  • Unplugging any other SRS plugs and turning your ignition on

These instructions are intended ONLY for resetting your SRS Indicator Light when it is triggered for the reasons listed above. Your SRS Light may indicate a more serious problem that should be evaluated by your local Authorized Honda/Acura Technician. Remember, that airbag may save your life or the life of someone you care about so don't disregard that indicator light unless you are sure that it triggered for some other reason. That being said, here are some pics and instructions for resetting the SRS Light (note: These pics are from a 6th Gen Accord EX Coupe 4AT. The MES plug may be located in a different location on other models. Make sure you know what you are unplugging. There are no contacts inside the port that the MES Plug plugs into.)

Tools needed:

• Flashlight (if needed to search for MES Plug under dash)
  • 2 1/2 ft. piece of small gauge speaker wire (insulation stripped off ends)

1. Locate MES Plug. It should be located near the driver's side fuse panel under the dash. The harness is yellow with two wires.

2. Unplug the MES Plug. It should look like this.

3. Insert one end of speaker wire into MES Plug (one wire in each contact)

4. Follow this sequence of shorting the other two leads of the speaker wire and turning the ignition to "on" (not accessory, not start)

• Short and hold the leads while you turn the ignition to on. The SRS Light will illuminate for a few seconds then go off.
  • When the SRS Light goes off, unshort the wires. The SRS Light will come back on.
  • Short and hold the wires again. The SRS Light will go off.
  • When the SRS Light goes off, unshort the wires. The SRS Light will blink twice.
  • Turn the ignition off.
  • Start engine as normal. The SRS Light should illuminate for a couple of seconds as normal and then go off.
  • This series of shorting/unshorting needs to take place within a 4 second window of the SRS Light going on/off each time.

5. Sound easy enough? Should take 15 seconds or so for the whole procedure. Good luck.

__________________

Edited by: Jake Devincenzi ( )

0

Me Myself
1

I had a problem with my SRS light turning on in my 2000 Honda Accord. One problem that caused it was a problem with my seatbelt, and it was covered by Honda. You may want to take this in to a dealer, and get them to check if it is that specific problem with seatbelt. They fixed it for me for free, because it was a problem reported by the factory.

0

calemonlaw
1

very common on the 94-97 models the srs control unit goes bad for no reason,very expensive to repair,it only matters to you as the driver do you want airbags or not ??? honda guy is wrong about the battery that was a problem with the 98-02 models. honda tech 10yrs.

California Lemon Law

0

karen34
1

take off the control panel and remove the light that displays the symbol

0

webdreams
1

I did the reset steps but the light won't turn off second time around.

webdreams, read the complete answer given by mario massens. You can only do a reset if the SRS system is okay, not if you have a true fault in the system.

0

kao
1

srs

This Month: 2,118