0

gary Mason
1

Touch screen driver install.

My touch screen won't activate. After loading the recommended driver it's still inactive.

Perhaps RETURNING to Windows XP home is the answer. I tried XP Pro and 7 pro and "no go."

Thanks guys and gals!

Did you activate your Touchscreen in BIOS? What happens when calibrating?

lingster,

3

Have you checked under the device manager in WinXP to make sure that all your peripherals are recognized? And like lingster mentioned, turn it on in the BIOS. It appears that there are a few people that have the same issues. The way I would proceed is to

A: Activate Touchscreen in Bios

B: Reinstall all drivers

C: ensure WinXP is recognizing the peripherals.

If this still wont work I consider to check on the hardware by disassembling it. Some very useful information right here. http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasoni...

Good Luck

2

chaosfx24
127

http://toughbookcentral.com/category/dri...

this should be a step in the right direction.

you should not have to disassemble to check hardware. there are software tools like SIW for windows. If you can boot into OS it will tell you everything you need to know about the system. http://www.gtopala.com/ its free to use on personal equipment, I purchased the life time Tech license and use it daily.

Edited by: chaosfx24 ( )

http://www.pendriveapps.com/iobit-toolbo... this is a great tool for finding and updating windows drivers. its in the security tab under driver manager.

chaosfx24,

Nice app-worth a +

rj713,

0

Benny Matsson
13

Try to get a driver touch screen driver from fujitsu for win7. I saw online that somebody was successful when they did this.You may have to reinstall the touchpad driver for xp afterwards, using have disk. Good luck

0

Robert Symmes
1

The order in which your drivers are installed may well determine if your touchscreen will work. To fix this issue, you need to load the needed drivers on a flash drive or another machine. I suggest <h>www.toughbookdrivers.com/drivers/cf-29/</h>

First, restart your computer in safe mode (pressing [F8] as you are cold-starting up).

Then, using CONTROL PANEL, remove all drivers (Video, Audio, Mouse, Peripherals, etc)

Finally, install the Touchpad/Touchscreen driver FIRST. Install then video, then audio, then the rest....EXCEPT save the LAN and WLAN drivers, respectively, for LAST. If you have GPS, add after LAN and WLAN drivers are installed.

If this doesn't work, it's likely your touchscreen card went bad...it is a weak link with these units...especially the Mk IV's or V's.

Before you try that, go to the control panel, pull up mouse, and activate touch screen. Enjoy.

gary Mason,

0

Robert Symmes
1

Maybe the answer lies in the Model of CF-29.

If you have a Mark I to Mark III (a 1.2 or 1.3 GHz chip), your driver will not have a calibration utility. Mark Iv and Mark V have a calibration tool available.

If your mouse pointer won't move to where you point on the screen, then either you installed the drivers in the wrong order, or (worst case) your touch screen doesn't work any longer.

Uninstall the Mouse driver, then reinstall it (NOTE: make sure you install the correct driver for your unit! You will need the ENTIRE model number to find the right driver from Panasonic. This is found in BIOS or on the bottom of your machine.)

Bear in mind that that not all CF-29's had touchscreen capability; your Model # will give you a lot of info.

0

Richie
1

Panasonic CF-18 Touchscreen Not Working

No drivers installed. Someone installed a new hard drive. All was put in but no driver for touch screen and no Calibration Tool.

I have the software. I have to send it on a memory stick. Then I would ship it to you. The will give you and Web Address with a video will show you step by step. This will Cost You $50.00 E-mail galente1@gmail.com