0

Ahmed
1

N8 keeps freezing and turning off

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

the phone worked great in the beginning but then started to freeze and turn off on its own all of a sudden. sometimes it doesn't turn back on for hours and when it does it just repeats the same problem.

Now it started to turn on for an average of 5 minutes then shuts down again. is there anyway to fix this problem? or is it a defected product?

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

0

Joshua Singleton
1

got the same problem mate!

0

Ahmed
1

yeah I'm angry, it shut off and hasn't turned on at all ... this is just disappointing and no one seems to know how to fix this problem either.

why don't you contact the phone supplier? should still be under warranty as it's less than 1 year old..

pollytintop,

0

Pratim Roy
1

Hi there,

This is a known issue with the N8. Nokia has accepted that some units have some minor faults in the power section and is ready to replace the device under warranty. Unfortunately you guys are the unlucky ones to have experienced this problem....

Regards,

Roy

oh man am i ever happy to hear that ... only problem is i am unlucky i ordered my phone off ebay and nokia has no international warrenty so i had to ship it back so that they can send it back for me ... what a mess... but i for sure feel better now that i heard this thanks

Ahmed,

0

roberto
1

My N8 turn off after I power the GPS. The tecnical assistence is very bad here in Brazil.

0

Talia
1

I experienced the same thing and I found a solution. It's so simple. Just push power button for ten seconds then push it agin an the device will work properly.

0

Geoffrey
1

Sometimes this happens after someone has dropped its phone and the pins of the battery widen a bit and so the phone receives less power. A quick solution is to open the phone unscrewing the two screws below , take out the battery and press the pins together (there are 3 on the battery). Insert back the battery and it wark perfectly. Anyway it worked for me. Malta

0

Krishna Krish
1

Just need to reinstall firmware on your nokia N8 using Pheonix!!

Go to www.n8fanclub.com or install Navifirm to download the required firmware on your device!!!

NOW FLASH YOUR N8 WITH THE FIRWARE BY USING PHEONIX!!

I had the same problem and now it's fixed!!