0

Mike Jeffery
11

front screen cracked cant slide to unlock

front screen cracked and i cant unlock the phone to do anything at all is there some way i can unlock it other than using the slide that appears on the screen? .there is a new screen coming but it won't be here for a week or so .

thanks mike.

Edited by: bushing ( ) , pollytintop ( ) , Mike Jeffery ( )

2

pollytintop

if you cant slide to unlock then the digitiser is broken and all touch functions won't work. sorry but you'll just have to wait for the new screen.

ok i was hoping that wouldnt be the answer but thanks . i'll just have to wait .cheers Mike

Mike Jeffery,

0

Louisa
1

yeah but that's not true. the same thing has happened with mine, but i can double click the centre button to play music (touching the screen to press play and pause etc.). so the touch screen works, its just that specific part of the screen that doesn't work. there must be some way!

If there is a specific part of the touch screen that does not work, it is still your touch screen that needs to be replaced. Your touch screen is build with an "internal grid" and if it is broken at a certain area, that area will not function, while others do.

oldturkey is right here...any area not working can't be fixed apart from replacing the entire digitiser.

pollytintop,

0

Doly
1

I have the same problem with my Huawie touch screen mobile, all I did is I asked a friend to call me and once I receive the phone i reply and hang off immediatly to unlock the screen.

Although its not at all a practical way to ask someone to call u everytime u need to use the phone but atleast it works.. So good luck till the screen is repaired..

0

valerio
1

mine is badly crashed actually it was smashed in the car's door.

It doesn't unlock and the central button does not work, actually I-tunes does not connect it asks me to unlock it , I need to get some data from it... what can I do?