0

SHAJEER
1

My iPhone4 front glass broken. Is it possible to replace only glass

My iphone4 fell down from my hand one week after I bought it. The front glass was completely broken, but since iam using the glass scratch protection sticker I am able to use all the functions in the phone, even the touch screen doesn't have any problem. Please let me know is it possible to replace only the front glass (without LCD). I have checked with a service center and he said the glass and LCD panel comes together and it costs almost 30% of the phone cost. Also please let me know is it safe to use the phone with broken glass

Edited by: rj713, oldturkey03, and mayer ( )

I found some dude who sells both white and black iphone 4 replacement parts, as well as black to white and white to black conversion kits. I've bought both a white conversion kit and a spare white screen assembly, and i can only say good things about that trade. If you are looking for iPhone 4 Replacement parts, he's a great resource :) Here is his ebay account: http://shop.ebay.com/dareeude/m.html - Hope you find what your looking for!

Nielsen,

3

pollytintop

this isn't my area of expertise but i believe you could buy just the glass. the trouble is how do you adhere it to digitiser? the glass front panel is sold with the digitiser for a reason, don't be fooled by a cheap option of just the glass. you can buy it here ...

there is no real problem continuing to use the phone in the short term, but fixing the broken glass will stop the digitiser/ lcd etc being damaged. it really depends on extent of break.

try house and contents insurance policy to see if it covers this...

not sure what the down vote is for- you can buy the glass, the digitiser and the lcd separately. I am advising you not to do this. if someone can detail how you would swap the parts without breaking any other part of display that would be helpful.

pollytintop,

Thank you very much for the advice.

SHAJEER,

1

Stephen Schumacher
247

i own my own iphone repair store and to answer your question its YES..BUT...

yes you can replace the just the glass, BUT its no point really, unlike the 3g and 3gs where just replacing the glass will do.' on the iphone 4 the glass and the LCD are actually glues together to form one peice. and is nearly impossible to seperate the two.

so please dont buy jsut the front glass panel. you will need to buy the whole front assembly in order to do your repair. the best place to buy is from Amazon. they offer multiple prices and you can see which one ships closer. dont buy one too cheap, you get what you pay for.

0

Nick

No.

You may break the screen as it is glued permnatley

And yes,its dangerous depending on how bad

Edited by: Nick ( )

0

Stephen
1

My front glass on the iPhone4 just shattered. Phone still works. LCD seems to be working. How do I fix it? Can I buy the glass/digitizer together? Is there a way to replace just the glass? HOW? Is there a service that will fix it? How much should I expect to pay?

Stephen, its a lot easier if you ask your own question. Right now your question shows as an answer to somebody elses question. Yes you can purchase the glass/digitizer together. I say no way to replacing just the glass. Do a search on ifixit and see how many people have asked that question and it still looks like you replace it all together. As in who and how much to expect, I'd do a google search since part of that will depend on your region etc.

0

swone
49

Here is my kindly suggestion, please check!

If there are have some problem with your digitizer or lcd, you'd better to change both of them.Because for the iphone 4 digitizer and LCD are very difficult to seperate. If you can not good at it, please do not try in case damage your phone.

Besides, if you like to change the digitizer, you'd better choose the digitzer with metal frame.Because it difficult to install.

Hope it can help you!

0

Fernando
1

Changing the glass only is a piece of cake. What are you people talking about? I changed the glass only, first time, no experience, no troubles.. fix cost me $7 plus my time (about 30 minutes)

That's because you did it on an iPhone 3 series, NOT an iPhone 4 series.... read the ? next time!

Richard Hicks,

0

Nishan
1

I had broke my front glass of iphone 4,is there any passible to change only glass?there is no problem in touch and display if possible plese send detail about price and place in nepal to change only glass?