0

Blane Frye
11

So I broke the antenna contact wire... now what?

So while I was taking apart my iPhone 4 (just for the fun of it) I didn't notice that the antenna contact wire was connected to the speaker/microphone assembly.

I was following this guide: iPhone 4 Teardown

And I got to step 12 when I yanked out the speaker and broke off the connector at the end of the wire.

The connector is nowhere to be found, and now my antenna wire connection is about 2 mm short off where it's supposed to connect with the main logic board.

Will attempting to solder this do any good? Should I see if Apple can repair this for $100 or so or what?

Thanks.

Edited by: Blane Frye ( )

I don't know why I didn't even think about checking eBay for a replacement part. Look's like I can get one for about 10 dollars. Thanks!

Blane Frye,

0

bushing

Apple doesn't do component-level repairs, so the only thing they can do for you is sell you a refurb. You're probably better off trying to get a replacement part (even if that means just waiting until more parts become available...)