1

nicole
13

My iPod fell in water, How do I fix it?

My ipod fell in the shower and nothing works. It worked right aftr, but then i turned it of and locked it. Now, nothing works. I press menu+the middle button, and I can hear it turn on through the headphones, but cannot hear the music at all. The screen does not light up. THIS SUCKS!!!! What do I do?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , bushing ( ) , machead3 ( )

1

machead3

Repair

or replace it. Clicking the tags to the right will lead you to others and their solutions. If you're not a DIYer (Do It Yourself) and don't feel able to tear down, examine and replace parts, or know anyone who could, maybe you can sell the phone for parts here or elsewhere.

If this answer was helpful please remember to mark it accepted.

Good Luck,

N

1

Ric
79

i repair ipods and stuff for some extra cash on the side and whenever i get a water damaged thing i put it in a vacuum chamber i have and leave it there for a few hours for the water to evaporate, just make sure you open it up first, at least take the screen so the water has somewhere to go..., usual this fixes it but if not you can try and figure out what part there is still a problem with, science departments at schools usualy have these idk where else you could get one

1

bjoernen dk
873

You need to get it opened and dried. Then cleaned with suitable chemical and a soft brush to remove corrosion.

After that, try to charge and restore it.

Sometimes charging from your computer isn't working. If that's the case, try a USB-charger (it has higher voltage, I belive).

- feed back is important, so please update on progress and accept answers that provides the right solutions to your question.

Edited by: bjoernen dk ( )

0

jorge leyva
1

hey! you screw it!

when some electronic device felt in water, just try to dry it putting opened near a low hot device for a few hours...... never turning on first because maybe it will make a big, big short.circuit on the electronics parts.

if nyou turned on in first, you screw it!

good look next time!

We try not to offend the air-heads that come here for help ;-)

mayer,