0

Jason
1

Will not power up / Turn on...

My camera will not turn on after batteries went dead,.. recharged and put back in.. still nothing. the Lens was out when it stopped working,. HELP

My camera will not stay on. It runs the battery down very, very quickly. It's not the batteries. I purchased a new set of rechargable batteries and also tried new regular alkaline batteries. I can take one or two pictures if I don't use the flash. Could it have something to do with the motor that runs the lense?

Edited by: mayer ( ) , Brenda ( ) , Brett Hartt ( )

2

RoggeSound

Is it possible that your rechargeable batteries are dead? Rechargeables only work for so long. To make sure, put some regular alkaline batteries in it and see if that works. Make sure they're known good batteries. This camera does not respond well to low voltage batteries, especially if it's trying to run the lens motor on startup.

0

ABCellars

It sounds like the high powered electrolytic capacitor for the flash is bad. That capacitor is the biggest draining component on the camera. When they go the flash will usually not work properly, if at all. That capacitor will continue to drain the battery until it is full. If it is broken and can't hold a full charge it is no different than trying to fill a bucket that has a hole in it with water. That is where your rapid battery drain comes from. This is not a repair job for the average person. For safety sake you need to make sure that capacitor is fully discharged (they hold about 350 DC volts) with an analog (not a digital)multimeter with a DC volt setting. Then you will need descent soldering skills and the equipment to use them.

Edited by: ABCellars ( )

Thanks, I'll look into it let you know.

Brenda,

0

chebellonero
1

Rechareable battery was my prblem. I tried fresh alkaline battery and it powed up.