1

alos31
13

New Battery: Why is the"Very low battery sign"still on after charging?

Hi I just purchased a new battery and front along with a click wheel for my ipod video from Ifixit. I have followed the instructions but once done I get the following 3 screens:

1:Please Wait. Very Low Battery

2:Black screen with apple emblem

3:www.apple.com/support/ipod

I have tried to reseat the battery cable more then 4 times with the same result each time.

I have had the ipod charging all day, so over 8 hours.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Edited by: bushing ( ) , Chris Cline ( ) , alos31 ( )

How long has it had a chance to charge?

mayer,

The first time over night the second time I tried to reseat, 4 hours, the last time about 8. Thanks

alos31,

Did you get it fixed by now?

1

I had the exact same issues. I disassembled my ipod, rechecked all the connections and still ended up with nothing I ended up replacing the motherboard. That did the trick. Apparently there are some issues with the charging circuit on these boards. It is also possible that it won't charge because it doesn't have enough juice to start charging so it just continously resets itself. You need to have it hooked up to your computer in 'disk mode'.

1. Take your iPod and plug it in to your USB port.

2. Hold down the select [center button] and the play button.

Use a USB port that comes directly of the motherboard. Do not use a frontport or a hub when you connect your iPod. It might have to update your library but you shouldn't lose all your music.

Sometimes it is a firmware issue, the problem here is that your computer does not recognize it. I try to restore it under itunes if you get it recognized. There is really not a lot you can do since you already replaced all the parts except the main board. again make sure all your connections are nice and snug and that your new components don't give you any trouble. The only other thing that I would try is to charge the battery either through firewire connection or a wall charger. Let us know how it is going....good luck.

0

Aman
11

maybe it's the charging board itself or maybe you have to reinstall the firmware after replacing the battery. i don't know. sometimes these things have to be reset

0

alos31
13

I was thinking that too, as a second battery was provided but it still does not work. I am at the point where it is beyond my ability and will send it to some place to have it fixed.

0

ptrkmj
35

I have the exactly same problem :(

Hard drive is not spinning and my computer is not detecting the iPod.

I've already replaced so many things, don't tell me my motherboard is broken :(

Everything was fine with old battery (I threw it away, unfortunately).

I also replaced the hard drive but reinstalling the old one did not help.

Any ideas?

I would definitely start thinking about replacing the logic board. Sorry

0

alos31
13

No I need to buy a new logic board for it I think.

Probably right decision. Like I mentioned before it could be the charging circuit, but its still part of the logic board and hard to fix for the DIY'er. The part of course is available here http://www.ifixit.com/iPod-Parts/iPod-Vi... as well as many other places and a relative easy fix. Good Luck to you.