0

Jason Kobel
1

Broken Screen. External monitor stopped working. How can I fix this?

I dropped my macbook pro quite some time ago and Ive been using an external monitor then one day i came home from work and then the screen would no longer display on the external monitor. Previously I could see the screen dimly with enough light in the room and now its completely black. I do not need to fix the screen itself I would just like to fix it to the point where I can at least use an external monitor again. How do I go about fixthing this problem and what do you think is wrong in the first place? Thank you for your help and your time.

-Jason Kobel

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , machead3 ( )

1

rj713

Two possibilities come to mind. !. A cable has come loose as a result of being dropped and for this I have included a link for removing the top of your computer to check for loose connections. 2. Your logic board has died. Does the computer make any sound--any lights come on?

Good luck.

MacBook Pro 15" Core 2 Duo Models A1226 and A1260 Upper Case Replacement

0

machead3

Sounds like a blown GPU

Graphics Processing Unit - could be broken solder joint there are places that specialize in that repair, compare that price to a DIY replacement of the entire logic board.

If this answer was helpful please remember to mark it accepted.

Good Luck,

N