Won't turn on even when plugged in
Got the unit used. Was told it would not power on. Figured it might be something simple.
Plugged the unit into the computer, but it won't detect it at all. Unit appears to be in great physical condition on the outside. Opened it up using the guide on the side and had a look inside. I can't tell if the unit received water damage, but will still try cleaning the entire thing with 99% isopropyl alcohol.
When I had the unit opened up, I used a multimeter to see if the battery had any charge. Read on another post that if the voltage was below 3V, the computer wouldn't be able to detect it. Voltage was over 3V so I'm no longer sure if it's the battery.
Should I just clean the entire unit out and try it again? The unit did seem dirty on the inside, just a bit of pocket lint! If the cleaning doesn't work, any other suggestions of do I just add this unit to the parts bin, as the main board is possibly fried?!
Hi, i have an Ipod which I purchased two years ago now, it was working fine and one day it just wouldn't power on. I've opened it up tonight and found the battery voltage was only 0.35, so I would think your Ipod battery is ok. I dont fancy replacing the battery though... soldering