2

Matt
25

Where can I find purchase the CCD Sensor part

Anyone know where I can get the CCD Sensor replacement part?

Edited by: pollytintop, oldturkey03, and rj713 ( ) , machead3 ( )

2

Daniel
157

Nikon will not sell it to you as their policy is not to sell internal parts. The only alternative is to buy a used/broken camera and salvage it, or buy it from reseller on eBay. E.g. similar to this.

Link no longer works

rj713,

2

RobertS
25

Your best bet is to nail down the CCD Sensor model #, chances are Kodak may have manufactured it. Kodak & Nikon have become once again independent in the Digital Replaceable Cameras Age since they are finally making $$$$$ once again. You will be lucky if they answer your emails, although if you know exactly which CCD Sensor it is the odds could be better than average that you could pick up a cracked point & shoot camera for $10.00 with the exact same CCD Sensor in mint condition in the camera. You need to do the research on the specs of your Sensor & find out which other Digital Cameras have the same one. Just another avenue to take, hopefully this helps you, Good luck.

1

D Davies
37

Nikon have had a long relationship with Sony for the manufacture of sensors. These days the Nikon marketing blurb generally says 'developed by Nikon' for all the new devices. I used to work for Kodak in the early days (circa 1996-2000) when there was a link between Kodak and Nikon, but to my knowledge that relationship is long gone.

I would echo the advice of Daniel. Find a used body with a functional sensor and make the replacement by transplant. Taking apart the donor camera will also give you useful experience for the later disassembly of your original body.