0

Matt
1

A small amount of coca cola went into the headphone jack

My iphone was wearing a silicone skin, and has a screen protector, so fortunately it doesn't appear much of the spilled coca cola went into the phone, and it still works.

Although when I made a call, the normal ear phone didn't work, and on the phone was an error message which said "This accessory is not optimised for this iPhone. You may experience noise caused by mobile interference and a decrease in mobile signal strength" so I assume some coke from the spill had made it into the jack socket. So I took a q Tip, pulled most of the cotton off, then put it in very gently and turned it, and hey presto, it worked.

However I'm still getting that error from time to time, and also when playing a podcast it just stopped unexpectedly a couple of times and I'm now worried there some coke eating it's way through my phone.

What can I do? your advice is most appreciated

Matt

1

rj713

If there is any chance coke got into your unit you need to disassemble it and clean it properly with alcohol and let dry completely before reassembly. Coke is one of the most corrosive fluids in the world.

iPhone 4

+ it contains phosphoric acid

mayer,