0

Francesco
1

keyboard and truckpad have stopped working

Hi, i've a macbook pro a1226, by some time it stopped working the keyboard and the trackpad, initially removing and replacing the battery (with power applied) it resumed to work, but not now.

I think it's a problem before the keyboard and mouse, probably the chip before these components, can you give me some help? What component could cause these problems?

Thank you so much

Francesco

Edited by: Francesco ( )

1

remacberlin

This is actually a rather common fault with this line of MBPs. As the power button still works i believe (don't know for sure) that the USB controller on the topcase fails. Keyboard and trackpad are connected via USB internally. Open up system profiler and you'll shure won't find them listed anymore.

Have a look at this discussion.

1

mayer

This could be caused by the cable to the keyboard coming loose from the motherboard. We've seen this a lot. Follow this guide the re-seat it: MacBook Pro 15" Core 2 Duo Models A1226 and A1260 Keyboard Replacement

Edited by: mayer ( )

0

Smallwheels
13

This happened to me because the battery had swollen and put pressure on the internal parts. I still haven't gotten Apple to replace the defective battery. It was only a year and a half old with just 19 cycles on it at the time. Apple is really making me angry about this since they say it isn't a defective battery.