0

Ali
1

iPod shuffle in washing machine, got wet!

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

The maid just grab all the stuff and put it in washing machine, So it happened. I've tried putting it in sunlight for 30 minutes. The Earphones amazingly work great as before. The Ipod shows no signs of hope, Seems like ive lost 80$ O_O .

After 30 minutes, when it seemed dry, i put the charger pin in / tried to charge it. That tiny light aint blinking. I am lost !

i weighed it, it weighed 10.75 grams.

Seems like it only got 0.005g of water, if there is some. As according to apple it weighs 10.70g.

Is my battery dead and can it be replaced ?

what are the possible solution ?

i am looking forward to try rice bowl thingy, if it doesnt help, what are the possible solution ?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , bushing ( )

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

0

Andrew Guenther
842

Water damage unfortunately is a tricky thing, it is hard to identify the exact culprit, especially in a device like the Shuffle.

You can try the rice, but after that you will likely just have to buy a new one, a short could mess up any replacement parts you get and try to install.