0

Christine Woodward
1

My barista does not suck the water up into machine

Dear sirs,

Is there a place that repairs these barista espressor makers? as I have taken my apart from the back to make sure the two plastic tubing lines are clear, I have poke a small nail into the opening where the tubes connect to make sure they weren't plugged, but the pump part of the expresso maker does not seem to have enough suction to pull the water up into the machine, and I don't know what else to do to fix it

1

Henry H

Try forcing water into the intake tube with the pump running; a turkey baster or nose/ear bulb works well. If the pump still will not suck water on it's own it may be partially plugged with calcium, if you haven't been regularly descaling. Seattle Coffee Gear can repair these machines and gives free repair estimates.

+ How do you descale? Do you use LimeAway?

mayer,

I would use either Dezcal or Durgol, they're designed specifically for espresso machines.

Henry H,

mayer,

0

Dick Conley
1

How do you post a question? I have a starbuck barista that I disassembled to clean boiler and now it does not fit tightly on the portafilter.

Portafilter does not fit tightly on Barista

Dick Conley,

Click "Ask a Question" on the right side of the page, under the photo of the Starbucks Barista, to ask a new question. It's possible you re-assembled the brewhead incorrectly, I would reference steps 9 and 10 in the Barista Teardown and make sure your boiler matches the photos there.

Henry H,

0

karinchrist
1

We tried everything to unclog the water line. We used a turkey injector a couple of times and it pushed whatever was clogged thru, and now it is working great. We were going to try the turkey baster, but the end was too big to fit in the hose.

I didn't know to use a descaler, but will buy some and use it frequently now.