0

James Kim
1

How to fix a stuck power button?

I recently dropped my iPad when it slipped off my lap. (Less than 2 feet.) It landed on the power button and now the button is stuck. The iPad itself works completely fine, however, I am unable to manually turn off the screen or perform a reset.

How can I unstuck the merely stuck power button?

1

markus weiher
29k

the metal that keeps the power button in place is most likely bent.

i would open the ipod and try to slightly bent it back - but be careful with that

use the front panel guide to open the ipad, stop at step 8 - the button is now in front of you and you can try to slightly push it outwards

good luck

0

James Kim
1

I am not too sure the answer listed above would be best choice since the guide to opening the front panel suggest I don't attempt this its permanent damage to the hinges.

Any other suggestions on how I can "unstuck" the power button. Thanks.

the power button isn't more than a piece of plastic, 2 metal foils, a ribbon cable, a piece of "scotch tape" and a small metal frame - so the options are very limited

markus weiher,

0

Tri Emil Alim
49

I think markus weiher was right. You need to open the case first in order set it right.

Ridiculous opinion but worth trying:

Maybe you can use SIM removal tool for trying to unstuck the button.