0

brian larochelle
1

coffee spill, ear speak very quiet

I spilled coffee right on the front of the iphone 4. Quickly turned power off, cleaned it up and let it sit for a day.

Everything appears to be working well, except the ear speaker. The ear speaker still works, it is just very quiet and hard to hear.

What kinda luck would I get from the apple store? Should i just follow the tear down guide and clean it?

thanks :)

2

markus weiher
29k

since it was coffee - i doubt that they are that blind - no chance without cleaning!

but it's possible that it will work after a good careful cleaning.

use isopropyl alcohol (>90%) and a soft paintbrusch, check the connector of the earpiece too

+ Ralph

rj713,

0

Nick

Take it apart and check if water sensors are active and if not, take it to the Geinus Bar

The Genius Bar is going to offer to sell him a replacement, nothing else, if the liquid sensors are tripped or if they detect/see/smell/taste coffee on the iPhone.

kevinweber,

0

Jerry Adams
1

I have same issue. Mine was chocolate wine though. Lol

Everything works, just speaker for ear very low.

I've disassembled and liquid sensor/sticker still white(in middle of iphone4) but there are several red dots on the earpiece speaker. Are those also liquid detection stickers or are they supposed to be red?

I've looked at logic board and ribbons and detect no signs of liquid exposure(no dried wine that I can see or sticky parts). What should be my next step? I have it disassembled still.

0

Jerry Adams
1