0

Andy
1

Why doesn't my volume work anymore?

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

After rebooting my computer the last time I get no sound anymore. When i press the volume up button I get the standard view of the volume at full but a small circle with a line through it on the bottom which has never been there before. Same with anytime I try to move the volume or mute it. What can I do to fix this??

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

0

Jeff DeVaun
323

Click on the apple at the upper right of your screen, then go to about this mac. Click on more info, then under hardware you should see audio, click on it and see if it gives you info about the hardware. If it does not that means your system does not see the audio device and it is probably faulty.

I checked and there is information there, although it says "mute" under all categories with no playthrough. How do I turn off the master mute?

Andy,