2

Esmond Ruslim
25

Is it possible to build an Ipad out of parts from online?

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if it's possible to build an ipad out of parts ordered from online?

LIke i found a few sites where you can get the LCD and the case, but i'm wondering if it's possible to order other parts like the logic board and the speakers. etc.

Would it be possible?

- Ez

Edited by: Gabe, rj713, and oldturkey03 ( )

4

mayer
200k

Parted out an iPad will probably cost double what a brand new one does.

That is unless you buy used parts. Also you'll have to pay shipping on every single part, not just one unit.

rab777hp,

Buy one with a broken screen, then buy one with water damage.... Profit?

Gabe,

2

Chen Li
25

mayer is right!

The PCBs and the chips are expensive in small volume!

1

ali
13

it is possible but it cost a lot that it might not worth it.

1

choyak
13

Open an acer???, open an HP!!!!! The HP had like 3 tons of duct tape in it.

Apple engineering is actually pretty elegant compared to most other stuff out there.

Edited by: choyak ( )

0

Nick

It can be done,but it will probably cost more

0

palokiller

and the best bit is, apple would not repair it, if something goes wrong...

i was going to buy one with cracked screen. i first was told by apple care "just bring it in, and we will fix it for you". then i have dug a bit deeper and have asked another apple care professional, if it really is replaceable in apple stores, he said to me, i would be turned away... i am not going to do anymore business with apple anymore. this iPhone is also the last one...

the way they make things is simply not good enough for me. if glass can be shattered so easily, why the $&@$ no one makes it out of plastic? i know, i am barking at the wrong tree...

If you don't like Apple engineering just wait till you open an Acer ;-)

mayer,

0

va3lanmclellan
1

I bought %70 of the parts needed to build one myself. But the eprom chips have the preloaded software from Apple. And not to mention the flash hard drive. What I did do was order from A web site called Dealextream about %50 of the unit. We in Toronto Ontario Canada have a mall called Pacific mall. In it has about 200 small china like stores with the rest of the imports for the Ipad. You are almost assured that most stores only carry Ipad 1 parts in stock. Cost to date is about $300

Good luck