1

ed58
25

backlight not working, how to fix?

Hi, I have really enjoyed your tear-down instructions, and have used them on one or two occasions. (I've also bought tools from you as well as spare iPhone accessories.) I recently had the backlight fail on my iPhone 3G, but I have not found any instructions on how to fix this, except for some instructions that talk about shorting a couple of pins on a microscopic IC in the board (which doesn't sound like how I would fix a light.) Judging from the number of people on the web looking for this information I think it might drive a lot of traffic to your site.

Thanks,

Ed

Edited by: machead3, pollytintop, and Sterling Hirsh ( )

I noticed you never got an answer to this. Are you still having this problem?

machead3,

1

ed58
25

I eventually took it to an independent wireless service company and they pulled the iPhone open and pulled one of the cables off of the board where it mounts. They scrubbed the connector with contact cleaner and a brush and reassembled it again and the light started working. The same procedure was used by Apple at one of their retail stores to fix another iPhone of mine when half of the screen became unresponsive to touch. It seems a few problems can be fixed by unplugging and reseating the connectors. Ed

0

Ralph Mausolf
1

Please check the terminal legs of the LCD connector.

In the upper right corner of the first two legs.

If they are not shiny silver, have to solder them.

If this does not help you must make an alternative power supply.

www.rm-elektronik.ne