2

Walter Galan

Why was my bluetooth card not recognized?

I turned on my MacBook and my Bluetooth was not recognized by the OS. I had to shutdown and restart until it was finally recognized. Could this be a hardware malfunction waiting to happen?

Edited by: Luke Soules ( ) , David Patierno ( ) , Mitra Cline ( )

3

natalia47
181

Are you running Snow Leopard? It happened to me once as well not long after I did a clean install of Snow Leopard on my C2D Macbook. A reboot fixed it for me. There's a thread about people having the same problem and some of them have had to reset the SMC/PRAM to get Bluetooth back: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa...

Yes I am running Snow Leopard. After it happened I rebooted my laptop and it seemed to go away. I just reset the SMC and PRAM, lets hope I never see the dreaded "Bluetooth not recognized" problem again. Thanks :)

Walter Galan,

1

Joshua M
13

This happened to me (MBP 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo). A PRAM reset fixed the problem; the 'Bluetooth not Recognized' hasn't occurred in over 2 weeks.

1

pov
67

I had this problem on a unibody MacBook. The solution was installing the 10.6.2 combo update.

0

Miroslav Djuric

I'm willing to bet this was a fluke. Be vigilant and let us know if it occurs again.