1

Andrew Guenther
842

Random errors, but how are they connected?

I have multiple things that my Dell Studio 17 will do that all seem to happen at the same time, but don't seem to be related. Here is what happens:

• Flash player stops working and crashes browser
  • Bluetooth devices will not connect
  • Skype crashes
  • iTunes will not open

I have no idea how any of these would be connected, but the all seem to happen at the same time. I am going to reinstall the OS soon, but I just would like to know for curiosity's sake.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( )

2

rj713

Andrew I'm going to make a guess that you are probably using some form of Windows. The most likely common cause I can think of would be a shared dll that has become corrupted somehow. I believe your planned OS reinstall should clear your problem by replacing the dll. To be on the safe side I would install the programs one at a time and use them for a day or so before adding the next. That could help you find what is causing the dll problem. Hope this helps you. Ralph

2

tehsalt
319

One easy attempt to repair it is by using system restore. look it up as it's different to access between operating systems. All you need to do is choose a restore point on which the computer was working fine; really easy. good luck!