0

mikke
1

My shuffle will not charge, no lights or anything?

The 1st generation unit has had minimal use in the last 2 years, the other day while jogging it cut off, DEAD,. I thought it was the batt but whn i plugged it in no lights, the computer does not recognize anything... I more than likley sweat in the unit!! Help

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , markus weiher ( )

0

markus weiher
29k

The battery gets older - with or without usage

(sometimes is not using worse than using it)

follow this guide and disassemble it, look out for possible fluid damage signs (white/greenish stuff on the components), if there are any signs of a fluid damage - clean the logic board with isopropyl alcohol (>90%) and a soft paintbrush - if there aren't any signs of fluids inside the shuffle - take a multimeter (maybe borrow one) and measure the battery - if it's lower than ~ 3.4V the computer won't recognitze the iPod and would not charge it.

the shuffle has a Li-Po cell - they could die within seconds - especially when they wheren't much in use (deep discharging kills Li-Po cells) - if the cell has 0V - you should get a new one