0

Jide
1

Caps lock and num lock leds blink continuously, can't get to bios

Hp Tx2525nr (Windows 7 professional) cursor LED and Caps lock LED blinks continuously and wont start,with a black screen, also one can not get to the BIOS menu.

I could not boot to an install disk

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( ) , Taylor Arnicar ( ) , Jide ( )

Can you boot to an install disk?

rab777hp,

3

George
91

First thing to do as suggested by HP also, turn of your PC take off the battery take of charger open the RAM slot.

Take of the ram and disconnect the wireless card

Press the power button when in that point and keep it pressed for like 30 sec.

Reassemble it all and try to boot.

It may be a power problem or BIOS failure - try this out it should be OK.

If that does not work, the worst scenario is that you just reset your BIOS from CMOS by taking out the small battery behind the RAM modules for a few seconds.

Hope the info helped.

Edited by: Taylor Arnicar ( )

2

mohd sufian marjuni
25

press with you palm on the center of the keyboard especially at the area 'T,Y,U,I,O,7,8,9'. This is due to the GPU socket loose.

0

Sonu
1

Check your ram modules.

It is either loose or they are dead.

Remove the Ram modules, wipe it with a lint free cloth, put it back in and see if the laptop is working.

If not you will have to replace the ram module(s).

I have done all these procedures,but to no avail. i have used new ram modules.....,

Jide,

0

Fabio Ribeiro
1

I found that the memory slot (memory bank) 0 - under the very first slot you see when you open - did not work. I just removed the memory from that slot and let the only one that worked fine and had the biggest memory inside the other slot. The notebook booted okay. But I did not find why just one memory slot stopped working... I will look at the motherboard to see the connections (bus) to the processor and check if there is a short circuit or something like that. Hope this helps.

Edited by: Taylor Arnicar ( )

0

slacker
7

check the blink codes, if the blink codes are a sequence of 1 and a long delay. that decodes to the CPU not funtional. it is either the cpu itself that is having the problem or the CPU socket is not working. in that sence you need to replace one or the other.

0

EJ Radcliff
1

If it comes on and doesn't do anything but stay on the black screen, and caps lock keeps flashing, a weird trick to get it to come back on is to overheat it.

Wrap it up with sweaters or leave it on in your bag for about 30 mins and it will overheat and turn itself of due to the CPU overheating. Then it may come back on.

Its not a permanent fix, but it works for me. I use Sleep instead of Hibernate now and the trick works more often.

Got it from here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Ha...

0

Lori
1

Give it a little TLC. Kinda like administering CPR chest compression's but, much more lightly and gentle. Pressing with you palm on the keyboard area keys T,Y,U,I,O,7,8,9. It really works!

Edited by: Lori ( )

0

astovl
1

take a look guys with my laptop problem.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1...

0

kayadeel
1

I was having the same problem. My hp pavilion dv6 suddenly stop working. The sign were similar like black screen and caps/num lock light blinking. So I start googling what's wrong with my machine after attempting different kind of solutions, I found one works for me.

This method is called reflowing, In this remedy you have to heat up your mother board in a certain way. You will find reflow videos on youtube easily.

This method works for me.

0

Nathan
1

Can some one helps to solve my laptop issue ?

My Compaq Presario V3507 model laptop recently gave me a serious problem. When I on my laptop one morning and the screen is blank with beep sounds and flashing lights and stable light at the keyboard. I can hear 3 continual beep sounds with one long beep followed by two short beep.There are also 2 blinking lights and one stable light appeared at the keyboard. One blue blinking light appeared at the front Battery light in between Power light and Drive light. There other blinking amber light appeared at the TouchPad. The stable blue light appeared at the Scroll/num lock. The screen is totally blank and normally when I press the Power button I able see Compaq logo follow by system settings run from BIOS but not now. Can someone helps to provide expert solutions to resolve the issue. Thank you.

This Month: 1,892