0

Arnold
13

Cannot power on the laptop with or without battery

I was really unlucky with this problem. I followed the guide to disassembly my MBP laptop to replace HDD with solid state hard drive. After I finished it and reassembly, I found out the laptop cannot be powered on. What was interesting is that I then took the battery off and power on the laptop only with the power cord, then it booted successfully. Then put batter back, it booted successfully. However, after a few minutes, the computer shuts down by itself, then I can never power it on with or without batter. I don't know what happens to it. When power cord is plugged in, the green indicator is on, if the batter is plugged, then charging orange light is also on. When I press the button, I can see the fan vibrates slightly, but never fully turn on.

I really appreciate any help for this problem.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , machead3 ( )

0

machead3

Check the connectors

to the top case, and SSD. There are "known issues" with easily damaged/faulty Zif cables and connectors.

If this answer is acceptable please return and mark it.

Good Luck,

N.