0

strade
1

No Backlight after spilled coffe on the keyboard.

I spilled coffee on the keyboard, I cleaned inside with deionized water and now the monitor works but not the back light. What can be the reason? What can i do to fix it?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , David Hodson ( )

0

Richdave

1. Check that brightness setting is above minimum
  2. Reset SMC
  3. Reset LED backlight controller by pressing Control Shift Eject keys, then wake up system by pressing any keyboard key.

HIH

Edited by: Richdave ( )

I tried everything and it is still not working.. does it mean that it is an hardware problem? is there something else that I can do? Thanks

strade,

Sure sounds like a hardware issue then. Can you verify the power gets to the LED controller board?

Richdave,

0

Stefan
1

I have the same problem (also coffee spill), and there was more damaged than the backlit. It was completely dead. Meanwhile I changed an IC on the logic board, so now everything seems to run except the backlit and the battery-charging.

I tried the software resets from Richdave, and pluged in another display. No change.

So where can i start now to fix the issue?