0

rick
1

left rear wheel removal

How do you remove rear wheel from older mtd yard tractor? 38" cut. The bolt and washer removed easily, wheel is not removable from tractor. Thanks

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( )

2

mayer

Go to this web site for a tear down of the parts. You will need your specific model number. It looks like the wheel is repalcable on all the models I looked at. You may need to lube it to get it off. Here's the link: http://www.m-and-d.com/MTD_Parts.html

1

nejohnson
13

By now you probably have removed the wheel, or had someone else do it. I have 2 MTD 38" lawn tractors of the same vintage and type. I had to remove the transaxel on one of them in order to use a support rig and sledge hammer. Success took hours of pounding and penetrating oil. I now use anti-sieze grease on the wheel.

I'm have not been able to remove the second set of wheels yet. I may need to bring it to a dealer as wheel pullers and sledge hammers have not worked.