0

Mike
1

Screen isnt working properly after glass replacement

I replaced the glass and followed the steps in the repair section.

Things that I noticed, the digitizer had a thin gelatin like substance which came off with the cracked glass.

This was on the whole digitizer, I removed the rest of it, it just pealed off easily and cleanly.

The new glass doesnt have this, and there obviously is now a air gap with the new glass and digitizer, which makes it not respond to the touch.

I took the glass back off, and the digitizer works fine, but need to put the glass back on.

I have found a site which has the replacement "glue", I have ordered it, and will update this with the site info if it solves my problem.

Mike,

0

itascaiphoneguy
217

Sounds like you didn't apply the "LOCA GLUE". In order for the glue to dry properly, you need a UV light to cure. Be extremely careful when applying the glue and don't put to much :) Good luck!

0

MobileEMT
1

If you still need help with the LOCA Glue, let us know. We have perfected repairs using this glue and OCA film as well. Be sure to clean up any excess glue if you're going to take on this repair yourself. Good luck!

which LOCA/OCA film would you suggest?

Mike,

We use the long orange tubes with the green cap. The new 1000F formula is better than the previous 2500 in our opinion. It cleans off much easier. Careful of some LOCAs. We've had lifting issues and digitizers dying afterwards before changing to a new formula.

MobileEMT,

How are you using the OCA sheets? I've tried twice now with them and it seems like I always get bubbles. I've applied to lcd first, and to glass first. That is all fine, but when I go to put it down, ugh, it's horrible.

David,