0

onesalvie
1

Ipad mini Lcd is on, however back light isn't. help!

I followed the front panel replacement guide from ifixit. Everything seem to go how the guide says. However after connecting the lcd back, it wont turn on. But it looks like i am able to see my lockscreen wallpaper and time, however no backlight is turned on. What can i do?

0

eman05
547

Your back light filter is blown, that is a very difficult repair. You should take it to a local repair shop that can hand that type of repair.

Edited by: eman05 ( )

0

jessabethany

There is an extensive thread on here that details a DIY jumper that can be made to turn your backlight back on--- but I always caution people to really consider just having a professional replace the fuse on the motherboard--it can be done easily and affordably with the right tools. You can find mail-in iPad mini backlight repair service on eBay if your local shop doesn't do it.

Feel free to contact me with more questions-- jessabethany@gmail.com

0

David
357

The error may also be in the IC chip that was used in the replacement. You need to update to the most recent iOS and you also should attempt a new screen. Before sending it off, redo the job, but make sure the Mini is off. Do a soft reset. Do not use metal tools to release any plugs on the inside.