0

DefStunz
1

Display Problem : Green on black color parts on screen

Hi

I have a problem here, anyone can help ? :p

Screen capture if the problem

Video showing the problem

Everything that's black on the screen displays green 'matrix' color.

It happens whether it's using integrated intel card or the dedicated nvidia.

By squeezing / moving the body of the computer the problem can disappear....

Looks like a faulty contact somewhere, i opened it and it seems the problem stops when i push around the right heatsink

I found some stuff around on the web and it seems it's a know probleme but nobody really seems to know what it is, ever heard about this ?

Thanks a lot

Edited by: Walter Galan ( )

0

machead3

The Apple Display Port to DVI Cable that pulgs into the back of the Mini may not be properly plugged in, or, check out this solution.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

i'm not sure what you're referring to... are thoses parts inside the computer also ? what you're talking about seems to be outside components to plug an external display and my problem is just on the macbook itself, nothing is plugged. As for the link you sent, as i said before it's the same using both graphics card Thx

DefStunz,

Nvidia cards were know to be problematic.. there was an extend warranty/replacement but that's over. Yes the faulty contact could be a loose or broken connector to the video card inside the case - one that connects the external DVI port to the GPU. Moving the body could torque the cable to either short/not short that connector. The connector may even be damaged inside.

machead3,

0

maurizio celant
1

Hi def

same problem here in venice, italy :-(

10 days ago my MacBook Pro mid 2010 started to show acid-green instead of pure black.

Have you found any solution?

I changed my main board just 4 months ago and laboratory gave me just 3 moths warranty.

Thank you

Maurizio