0

Jim Kay
1

PS3 won't accept a hard drive?

I've tried 5-6 hard drives. It will load up through the menu where it wants to reformat it but regardless of what HD I put in it, it doesn't accept it. I've tried so many PS3 and non ps3 hard drives and I'm at a lack of understanding as to why it wouldn't.

It's like it doesn't want to register it. Any solution to this because it has no warranty?

Model is CECHH01

1

markus weiher
29k

did you try one of those steps?

maybe one of them helps

markus, you can do better than that limp link ;-)

mayer,

richard, you're right - but there are many possible ways to get this done ok - one trick could be to install windows on the hdd and then put it into the ps3 to format it. another one is to put it in a larger model and format it there. next one was formatting it with formatting tools but i think that there are a few mor infos needed before a possible solution could be found. what exactly happens when you try to format it in the ps3 ? does the ps3 the hdd find at all ?

markus weiher,

Thanks for the clarification +

mayer,

Well yes.. I've tried quite a few drives and even reformatted 2 on the computer following instructions on how to do so. When I put it in, it says you need to reformat this drive and then goes through 2 more pages and stops completely. It finds the drive, recognizes it needs to be reformatted but it's like it can't reformat it. Any ideas?

Jim Kay,

What hdd did you use? (speed/size). do you try to make a full format or a quick format?

markus weiher,

0

thisisgesun
37

Try formatting the hard disk in format that PS3 supports