1

Kathy
23

Error says paper jam, but there is not. What could cause this?

I have an artisan 837 all in one. It was working perfectly fine yesterday. Today it is telling me I have a paper jam. I went through the steps it told me to take 3 times. There is no paper jammed anywhere! each time I would finish with the steps and turn it back on, it would make a grinding sound, and then I get the same paper jam error message. I need some helpful advice if anyone has seen this before, please tell me what I should do.

Edited by: Kathy ( )

1

Nathaniel Miller
43

Hello Kathy, Your printer makes a "grinding sound". This is usually to two areas:

1. Related to the printhead rail. It is either ink residue or dry. Try cleaning it with some water.

2. Paper pick up roller(s) not pick up. Clean them with a terry cloth towel that has a little water or a multi-purpose cleaner.

Good Luck...

I also sent epson a email and the support person told me to move the print head to the left side and try restarting the printer. I tried that 3 times and the grinding sound and the paper jam message still comes up. i am going to try cleaning the rail and see what happens. I can see black ink on the print head rail. I just don't want to damage the printer more. wish me luck.

Kathy,

0

Kathy
23

I talked to Epson yesterday and they are sending me a brand new printer. I had tried to move the print head like they said, but it didn't help at all.